The location is the best in Scottsdale/Phoenix with beautiful views of Camelback mountain. The food -- oh, I can't even tell you how incredible it is. We ate several dinners at Prado and they were the kind that leave you speechless simply because you are too busy eating. The pastas were so fresh ... and the sauces and seafood? Oh, I want to cry that we even had to leave. Even the kids' menu items were of the same delectable quality, which is so unusual; most the time restaurants just warm up some chicken nuggets or Easy Mac and call it a meal. NOT the case here. Just try one bit of your child's butter noodles with parmesan and I guarantee you will steal a few more bites when he's not looking.
The staff were incredible -- from reservations and the front desk (thank you Emily and Ajasta, and too many others to even begin to name), to the poolside service (thank you, Erica!), to the warm greeting at Prado (you're wonderful, Ann spelled with an "e"), Michael the executive chef, Harrison, Arne, Laura, Madeleine... I could go on and on, because they have the kind of service that inspires you to make note of their names. Even the housekeeping service was notably extraordinary. And I'm a clean freak so my standards are super high in this regard.
We stayed here twice during our trip through AZ and were in suites both times. I do wish they had better lighting in the bathrooms (though at my age, maybe it's kinder they keep things dim). But if that's the only thing I can think to improve, then this definitely merits a five-rating and then some. I'd give it ten if Tripadvisor had the option.
We are looking forward to returning to the Montelucia again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the rich history, white-washed villages and sun-drenched hills of Spain’s Andalusia region, the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia brings the essence of Europe to the heart of Scottsdale. With arching entryways, splashing fountains, floral walkways, and a collection of antiquities hidden throughout the property, Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia is an enchanting resort destination that boasts 293 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, the Moroccan-inspired Joya Spa, six tempting dining options including the critically-acclaimed Prado restaurant, a myriad of radiant pools and breathtaking views. Nestled at the base of Camelback Mountain, the resort’s convenient central location offers easy access to the area’s best golf, recreation, nightlife and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montelucia Hotel Paradise Valley
- Montelucia Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Paradise Valley
- Intercontinental Montelucia Hotel