“Good location but service and food so so” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia

Save Saved
You added Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia to your Saves list
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   4949 East Lincoln Drive, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253 (Formerly InterContinental Montelucia Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Calgary, Canada
“Good location but service and food so so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Arrived with large group for three day stay business reward trip. Rooms not available until after 4 pm. Asked to be upgraded to casita and request granted. Beautiful quiet one story room backing onto edge of property with fabulous view of camelback mountain. Quiet and excellent manicured property.The pool area was busier and noisy but that's to be expected. Service in restaurants at location was slow. Breakfast arrived before coffees? Staff was very busy with a lot of events on property, however management should hire more if they want to offer service anticipated by guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband booked a special on expedia as a surprise for my birthday for one night as we live locally. The package listed spa and food credits under the room description. When I called to book a spa treatment I was told there was no credits associated with our reservation. I spent hours on the phone with Expedia trying to get the situation resolved. Montelucia dropped the ball and refused to do anything, stating the description was a mistake. Mistake or not, they dug their heels into the ground and just said sorry, we won't do anything to make this right. They also did not return phone calls and when we were told the director of revenue would call us, we never received a call. In the end, Expedia gave us the value of the credits onto our bank card. While we stayed at the property we used the money refunded by Expedia towards spa services as a nearby property and ate dinner at a great local restaurant not at Montelucia. It makes no financial sense to not honor the deal they uploaded to Expedia even if there was a mistake as the spa treatment and food/wine we would have purchased would have far exceeded the credit and they have lost a customer. The property we received the spa treatments at was outstanding and they couldn't do enough to make my birthday special and treat me like they wanted my business. We are mystified by the treatment and poor management decision. Once we experienced this treatment we were told by friends how their experiences with hosting charity galas and special weekend staycations were similar and promises made were not delivered on numerous occassions. Weak weak management.

With regards to our stay, the property is beautiful. We checked in and were greeted warmly by one male front desk staff and then rudely by a female front desk staff when we went to retrieve our room key once it was ready. This same female staff was also cold and rude at our check out. Had drinks in the Mbar and the waitress was friendly and knowledgable. The room was spacious and the bathroom was large and beautiful. The bed was one of the best I have been in. We were woken in the very early morning by the beeps of a delivery truck in reverse. Not sure why they would allow trucks making such a ruckus near the rooms at that hour. Overall this resort seems to want to compete with the other 5 star properties in town and based upon the property itself, it is very possible to be the leader of the pack. But, inconsistent staff and poor management making poor decisions makes it a complete fail. We are local and we do numerous staycations each year. We will not be returning to Montelucia. There are too many properties in the immediate vicinity that treat their guests well and value their business. Only reason I didn't give an overall rating of "terrible" one dot is the quality of the actual rooms and grounds and view.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your review! I will be sure to pass along your detailed input. Have a great summer!
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just returned from my husband's birthday weekend at the Montelucia Resort. We were in room 525 which had an amazing view of Oasis Pool and Camelback Mountain. We ate mainly at the resort and the food was great. The prices were not bad concerning you are in a resort. We shared many an entree which they were happy to split for us. I cannot say enough about the staff at Montelucia. They were superb. They were friendly, made good recommendations and they seemed to remember who you were with each visit. They seemed excited to see you. We had a great time and hope to return in the near future. Thanks again for an amazing time.

Room Tip: Building 5 second floor would be great. 525 was in the center of the building on the second floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Can not wait for you to return! Cheers
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this resort over mothers day weekend. Awesome customer service is all I can say. Our poolside drinks were a little weak on alcohol so they seemed more like fruit punch. My disappointments are I had a bath towel with 3 holes in it, our carpet in the room was very warn and dirty and what really made us mad was a sweet 16 birthday party in the adult pool!
I'm paying well over $200 a night and was told we could not use the Adult Oasis pool for a 16 yr olds party. Not only that the party was right off my room patio with a bunch of kids running around. It would have been nice to have been advised of this party when checking in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. You are correct, the 16 year old party should not have been at the adult pool, my apologies for that issue. I hope you have a chance to return.
White Rock, BC Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. We were surprised that the mattress had a thick feather topper on it and the duvet was so thick. We live in Canada, our duvet on our own bed isn't that thick and the hotels in Canada don't use duvets that heavy or thick here either. We ended up removing the feather topper from our mattress on the second night because the bed was just too soft for us and gave us sore backs the first night. We found the mattress to be more comfortable without the feather topper on it.

Our room looked lovely, but there was a few issues. The carpet was pulled away from the tile and sticking up slightly. This definitely could be a tripping hazard. The carpet needed shampooing because when you walked across it in bare feet or socks, your feet or socks turned grey. Plus some of the light fixtures, tops of pictures, etc. had caked on thick dust. You can see that they haven't been dusted for months.

The rooms have a Keurig B-130 coffee maker which is nice touch. The coffee in your room is a Green Mountain light only, which tastes terribly bland if you like a stronger tasting coffee. So, you may want to bring your own K-cups.

There is also a small mini bar fridge, that you can't use to chill your own beverages, food, etc. because there is no room in the fridge for that. As per other reviews here, it costs $5.00 for a pop out of your mini bar fridge.

The Oasis (adult) pool was relatively clean, but not cleaned thoroughly of debris on the bottom of the pool. We got there in the morning when the pool first opened. By 11:00am people were wondering around looking for towels because they ran out of clean towels. Plus, we didn't appreciate that a waitress at the pool had her short skirt hiked up more at the back and was bending over on purpose in front of men, so they can see her butt cheeks hanging out of her black underwear for tips. Disgusting!

If you have allergies/asthma best to stay elsewhere due to smoke in the air when they light the outdoor fire pits, the smell of manure that drifts in with the wind on occasion and feathers on the bed.

The sound proofing at this hotel is bad. The room doors are spring loaded to shut close and you can heard other peoples room doors slamming at all hours. We woke up at 6:45am in our PJ's, went to the bathroom in our bare feet and made coffee. We received a startling very loud knock on our door at 7:30am. It was security saying the people below us said we were stomping in our room. Huh? In bare feet? Security knocked and rattled our room door so hard it woke up the people in the room next to us. Tacky. Not sure why a phone call couldn't suffice.

We have stayed at over 1500 hotels world wide and are very conscientious of not walking in our shoes, making noise, slamming doors, etc. This is the first complaint we have ever had against us in our lives. So, we would highly recommend you tip toe in your bare feet if you are staying on the second floor at this resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. My apologies for your stay going the way it did. I will be sure we follow up on our end of all the items mentioned. Thank you
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a couple days after we got married. The staff was attentive to us, but the hotel and staff were very busy, so we did not get the lengthy personalized attention you would get at a Four Seasons (which is where we stayed for the following few days). However, for someone who is not used to staying at the Four Seasons, I found the service very enjoyable.

The resort is beautiful. The rooms are beautiful. The bathroom was huge - they clearly put quite a bit of money into it. We had a great view on a balcony. The pools were very nice, but crowded. The resort was very popular - there were conferences, parties and weddings going on. I spoke to several people who were on a "girls weekend," and the guests generally seemed like younger people.

We went to the spa which was absolutely amazing. It is expensive, but worth it to experience a spa like that. The massages were not necessarily the best I have ever had, but they were very good and they pamper you with all sorts of goodies.

All in all, the stay was enjoyable. However, I do not think this is a good hotel for a couple looking for a getaway. Instead, I think it would be a great hotel for a group of friends who is looking for some relaxation by the pool but wants the place to be lively as well. We never went, but the hotel bar was hopping every night. I would definitely go back, but probably not with my husband.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I do hope you come back and see us!
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here for a quick 2 night trip. I found the hotel to be very corporate so I didn't find it very relaxing or mellow. There were lots of meetings and many people on corporate visits. The room was very nice but the doors, my God they were so heavy it almost took my toe off. The resort looks very used and abused but the staff are fabulous! The best ! Whomever is running this place really knows their stuff in terms of hospitality.I was here alone but felt very safe and looked after.
The food is not very good but the gelato at the little shop on property is the best I've ever had! Better that Italy!
All in all if you can get a very good rate stay here but it's not The Four Seasons and it's busy.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and we hope you are able to come back and see us again!

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!