“5 Star, $80 rate for military or government--no parking or resort fee” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia

You added Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia to your Saves list
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   4949 East Lincoln Drive, Paradise Valley, AZ 85253 (Formerly InterContinental Montelucia Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Tucson, Arizona
“5 Star, $80 rate for military or government--no parking or resort fee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed for a random Saturday night in June with my wife. We hit Prado, the hotel restaurant/bar. It was spectacular--Jazz band playing in the bar, we sat outside for dinner. Best seafood pasta dish I think we have ever had. The waiter was fantastic, we stayed out on the restaurant patio until after midnight drinking wine. I had brought flowers, which the concierge took upon check-in, and had them delivered to the dinner table.

The rooms are amazing, we had a panoramic view of Camelback mountain--huge bathroom with floor to ceiling glass enclosed shower for two. Very nice patio, etc.

The Pool on the weekends is a scene. It is a resort community with private Mansions. The pool has cool music and locals chillen in the Az sun. It's

This is the place for a stay-cation if you're looking for one in Phoenix

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Staying for a random Saturday night can always be fun and it clearly was a great experience for you and your wife! thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Montelucia Resort and Spa from July 4 to July 8 of 2012. Upon arrival, we were met by friendly and professional valet attendants that were eager to help and were by no means pushy or looking for a tip. We were met by Nicole who checked us in and went as far as to ask if we had any special occasions during our stay. It was our sixth anniversary yet were were also out on family business. We entered our room and quickly discovered the beautiful view of Camelback mountain was obstructed by a set of palm trees (Beautiful in their own right but we wanted to see the mountain.). When I called the front desk, the phone was answered, and every time after that, with "Thank you for calling the Montelucia Resort and Spa, how may I help the (family name) party?" When I explained the situation, we were qucikly moved to a room with a better view (See picture below). We went out on some quick business and upon our retun, found a hand-written note along with chocolate covered strawberries as a token for our anniversary. Every morning we awoke to the sounds of nature and were treated as honored guests. Montelucia quickly became our haven and place of rejuvenation from our otherwise stressful days. One partucular evening I chose in-room dining. While placing my order, I was asked how I wanted my meal prepared, the order was then repated and was then given an ETA. If this were not note-worthy enough, the order arrived 10 minutes early and was delicious. Our biggest regret was having to check out and return to our normally scheduled lives. The only thing thy could have done to make our stay better would have been to hold us hostage and not let us leave. They say there are two thing inevitable in life; death and taxes. I now say there is a third; us, going back to Montelucia Resort and Spa!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a great view of Camelback Mountain (trust me, you do), have them put you in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I will be sure to pass along to Nicole your great experience, thank you for noting her! I can not say we would hold you hostage but we will absolutely welcome you back anytime! :) So pleased you had an amazing stay and the customer service was so amazing! Cheers!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here in November of 2010. I went for a busines trip and my husband came with me. The resort is absolutely amazing. The service was impeccable. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The decor was very nice. I liked to sit out by the pool by the fire pit.

Room Tip: I think any room you get would be nice. We were on the ground floor on the right side of the resort...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for the review! It seems to be a growing trend...our business travelers returning for vacation! We love that, hope to see you again soon!
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I visited Montelucia for a Staycation to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The decor was a refreshing change from the southwestern theme found in most other hotels in the area. The resort decor was Spanish/Italian and beautiful. The staff was amazing. They really made us feel welcomed and special. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their job and it seemed effortless for the staff to use our names, have conversations, and give us suggestions, as though they have known us for a long time. Every staff member was friendly and there was a "hello" everywhere we went. The rooms were clean and the air conditioner so silent that we never heard it go on and off. Covered underground parking was the best considering the monsoon that hit one night. The grounds were well kept and the pool areas very clean. I would highly recommend the Montelucia.

Room Tip: The Camelback View Suite was private and spacious
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
So pleased your anniversary celebration was so memorable! I love that you enjoyed the unique setting and decor that is unpredictable for this southwestern region! Congratulations on 25 years! Cheers!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at the Montelucia Resort as a spur of the moment decision, and while checking in had a very nice and friendly conversation with the night reception clerk, Nicole.I shared some war stories- the recent "W" robbery being the most 'entertaining'. Nicole was kind enough to upgrade me at no charge and I got a wonderful room on the Camelback side with my own lawn in front as a treat.
I also got a wonderful little tray with cheeses, fruit and nuts within minutes of getting into my room. I think that Nicole felt a kind need to make it up to me for my past back hotel experiences!
Vert sweet of her.. and that's the kind of service that brings customers back again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
alisonm708, Director of Marketing at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your review! So pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to you coming back! I will be sure Nicole is made aware of your review, thank you so much!
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

So much right here in one place. And the people are great - they really want you to be satisfied. Our room was spacious - with a deck looking at the hills. Everything is well- maintained - a really lovely spot.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times and have never been disappointed. The restaurant (Prada) is a bit pricey and the portions are small. The brunch was worth the money.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia? Share your experiences!