“True Paradise in Pardise Valley” 5 of 5 stars

Hermosa Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5532 N. Palo Cristi Rd., Paradise Valley, AZ 85253   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Temecula, California
“True Paradise in Pardise Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I was here for week in June, onethe most delicious, beautiful & peaceful stays I've ever experienced. Nestled in a high-end residential area it truly is a best kept secret. Grounds are beautiful. Sliders, salads & Moscow Mules were excellent at the tiny bar to the left of the on site restaurant. I came in another day and ordered food to go, the bar tender offered to bring it to my room once ready, another pleasant surprise. I also enjoyed some amazing in room dining as well. The turn down service was wonderful, I thoroughly enjoyed returning to my room in the evening to find the cookies and soft Spanish guitar playing on the bedside Bose player. The room and bathroom were huge and perfectly appointed. From the moment I arrived to the day I left the Inn and staff truly wooed me. My own downside is that I was alone on business and unfortunately wasn't able to share such a great place with the love of my life. We will be back! I don't know what this place is like during a busier season but the quiet time I was there during the peak of summer was a much needed relaxing escape that was glorious. I travel to AZ twice a quarter and now intend to stay here on every trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kendra R, Public Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review, Sarah! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on future visits.

To answer your question about peak season, it's just as relaxing! While LON's and Last Drop get quite busy (make reservations in advance to get a spot on the patio), the grounds remain quite tranquil. We also have some fun events in-season, such as cooking classes, painting classes, Artist in Residence dinners, pop-up wine dinners, etc.

Until next time, safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Nice quiet place to stay. Very few children and a great restaurant on grounds. Also a beautiful pool. Great place to relax for a getaway. Only negative was restaurant was closed one night for a corporate event and we did not know that ahead of time. Would highly recommend and return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review! Sorry to hear LON's was closed for that event but we do hope you you're able to dine with us on your next visit.

When making your rooms reservation, let them know the day/time you'd like to go to LON's and they'll set up the reservation and ensure you get prime seating!
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here in July in the +45 C and the Hermosa was our saving grace. Since it was summer we got a great deal on a Grand Casita. It was wonderful and being summer not crowded so most evenings we were at the pool by ourselves. Glorious. We also ate at the Property restaurant Lon's and it was very good but there are so many excellent restaurants in Scottsdale so venture out. Ones worth mentioning were Carlsbad Tavern, Daily Dose and North Italia. We enjoyed our stay so much we changed our plans and stayed two extra days.

Room Tip: The Two largest Casitas are the best bets . All seem good although I don't think I would like th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kendra R, Public Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay - and even extended it by a few nights.

Great choices on the local restaurants as well! Next time you're here try Chelsea's Kitchen, which is right down the road. Until then, safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Do yourself a favor and get down to the Hermosa Inn in Paradise Valley, AZ. From the friendly Staff to the amazing restaurant - Lon's, the Hermosa Inn is simply one of the best kept secrets around. My Wife and I were married here last year and nothing has changed our opinion of the Hermosa Inn being one of our favorite places in the world. Just a top shelf experience, hosted by top shelf people and surrounded by top shelf surroundings and serenity. We highly recommend the Hermosa Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kendra R, Public Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for the "amazing" review, Rob! We're so happy to have been a part of such a special day in your lives and that you continue to return - and enjoy it each time.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with others here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed her on a personal trip. Feels secluded and romantic. Quiet and clean with rooms that seem are in top condition. Service is nice but unobtrusive. Great place to take your significant other, honeymoon, wedding night, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, James - and for the great review! We very much appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Some hotels you just want to rate 5 because you like them and you want them to do well. I stayed at Hermosa for one night and found it very Zen. Particularly since it was a July, boiling hot and off season. No people. Ah, paradise. you can see a great deal of money and effort has been spent in the public areas and on the rooms. Every detail has been considered, nothing overlooked. But the ultimate litmus test of the 5 star hotel is its service. And even more precisely their handling of a problem, which invariably will come up. That's what separates greatness for "very good". Great hotels know that a problem is an opportunity to shine and to retain a loyal customer - a lifeblood for boutique hotels like these. I am afraid the hotel slipped on this count. My shower only put out lukewarm water. I discovered it just before bedtime and went ahead and took a bracing quick shower and went to bed. The next day , during the check out, the lady asked me how was my stay and I told her that while the stay was ok, the shower was cold. She took the news in stride and mentioned construction next door that "something will have to be done about".. I paused to see where she would go with that, but that was that. The great hotel would have used that chance to show their concern and offer something to make me see that they cared.. For example - discount the room or take the breakfast off, or - better yet - offer me a deal on the next stay. It's not about the money, it is about the making the customer feel good about what happened. If it such policy is in place, then this is on the lady who was checking me out (and her training), if the hotel doesn't empower the people who come in contacts with a customer to make things right, then t's on the management/ownership. It always surprises me when I see such effort and budget go into a property, yet such simple thing as making the customer happy, doesn't get as high of a priority. Shame. It could have been a real 5 star experience, even with a cool shower.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Kendra R, Public Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for the great review, and your feedback. It is only through remarks such as yours that we are able to make improvements to our service, and we apologize for not handling things better upon checkout.

Our Director of Guest Services has since followed up with her staff to ensure a situation such as this does not recur in the future. We very much appreciate your review and hope to see you again soon.
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We spent one night in this wonderful Hotel. From the minute we arrived we were treated like old friends we were lucky enough to be upgraded in to a wonderful room the food in the restaurant was first class's and the guy at breakfast had exceptional customer service Thank you and hopefully see you next year. Iain & Janet Mackenzie

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for the great review, Iain and Janet! We're so happy you chose to stay with us and look forward to seeing you next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Valley
#1 of 4 in Paradise Valley
4.5 of 5 stars 1,044 reviews
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to Hermosa Inn? Share your experiences!