“Customer Service is HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tucson, Arizona
“Customer Service is HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I went there last night to have dinner with a friend and catch up who I have not seen in a year. We sat at the bar and had drinks and dinner. When we got done we asked the bartender if we could go outside she said yes the only table out there was a 6 top. The hostess 3 minutes later comes flying out the door yelling saying we could not sit there and we needed to get up. Appauled that you have your hostess yelling at paying customers and telling us that people we need to get up instead of just coming up to us in a nice way saying she needed the table. Trust me I am in the industry I get that you need the table BUT this is not how you go about it telling a customer you need the table or even treat customers this way. How dare you have a hostess act this way.We decided to leave and not finish our drinks cause at this point we felt disrespected after the scene she made and your management not doing anything about it. Your management allows employees to talk to customers this way. I would be FIRED if I talked to someone the way she did to us. And then on top of it we were leaving and the hostess had the nerve to be laughing in the corner and then tried to start a fight with us outside. Who the hell do you guys employee. Shes on the clock and trying to start fights with your customers your paying customers. Really!!! I will never ever be returning to eat at your restuarant and since I am in the industry you can guarantee I will be telling everyone how your employess treat people and that your management does nothing to stop them. She obvisiously doesn't RESPECT the customer but its obvisious she also doesn't respect your management team either. You should really evaulate your hostess's they are the first thing people see when they walk in the door and the last they see leaving.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Bate and Switch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I recently held a large dinner party at Carrabba's, it was about 30 people. I used their call ahead system a month in advance.

Part of why I chose Carrabba's is that I wanted to keep costs down and was told from day 1 that they have a catering menu which is $11 - $14 per person. It sounded great and I had several discussions with the manager to firm up details of the event.

2 days prior to the event I called to make sure everything was still good. I was told that the manager I made arrangements with was not working and that everything was good.

The day of the event the manager called me and let me know that the portion size of the catering menu is very small, essentially a child's portion. I was forced to cancel the event or have my guests order off of the normal menu at greater cost. I chose the latter.

The food and service were both really good, however I was a bit annoyed at what I felt was a bate and switch. I'm not certain why a restaurant would offer a section of their menu knowing that customers are going to walk away not satisfied.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
tucson
“Great visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Always a good visit. The meal, atmosphere and presentations were all outstanding. This chain restaurant did not have the feel of a franchise.
Thank you Carrabbas for this month's coupons!

We always come back!

Visited April 2014
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Even though they were busy you would not have known it by the service and food we received. We continue to go back because they are consistent. Spaghetti and meatballs were yummy and their fettered menu was great. I never get past the soup and bread so I take the leftovers for lunch the next day.

Visited March 2014
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Too fast, quality has gone down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We have always loved Carrabba's as one of the only chains which we felt was consistent, good quality, relaxed environment and good value. We look for them when we travel.
We ate here with a friend on a Friday night and were rushed through. (Bar was full so no chance to linger over drink before or after meal.)
House Salad is smaller, less ingredients, althought dressing still good.
Bread seasoning was skimpier as well.
Fish was ok, not sure I'd order it again.
Staff too hovering, not very fun.
Probably will continue to go to Carrabba's elsewhere.

• Visited March 2014