“Wish I lived here!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane, Australia
“Wish I lived here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed as a timeshare owner at this property. I love it! It is in a quiet and very safe area. The views of the mountains are incredible. The staff were very helpful and quick to assist with anything we needed. I stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with a friend and her 8yo daughter. The unit was very well maintained, and beautifully decorated. It really was our home away from home. We utilised the outdoor grill quite a bit, and also used the fitness room, pool and outdoor hot tubs quite a bit. In my opinion this is one of the best properties I have ever stayed in, timeshare or not. I really am looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
WorldMark W, Worldmark Social Media Team at WorldMark Rancho Vistoso, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for providing this great feedback. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the resort amenities made available to guests. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home during their stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay on this property. Glad we came in during daylight hours as we may have had trouble finding it. The staff was quick and efficient and room ready when we arrived.
The room and property was Excellent-clean and well kept. Did not use pool.
There are numerous restaurants, grocery stores and shopping nearby. The scenery is spectacular.
We would return again and explore more of the area. There only 2 nights.

• Stayed September 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at WorldMark Rancho Vistoso in Oro Valley to attend a family wedding. My brother set it up as he has the membership there. We stayed in a second floor unit. It was clean and well kept. It had everything we needed to just move in and make ourselves at home. We ate every dinner meal in the unit because it was more relaxing than going out to dinner. The view from our window was so nice that I think we have a picture of it from each of the six days we stayed there. My wife and I stayed in the master bedroom. The king sized bed was very comfortable. The pillows were a bit on the small size but there were three of them. There was only a shower, which was fine for me but my wife prefers to take baths. Another brother and his wife used the Murphy bed that came out of the wall in living room. They said it was very comfortable. The other bedroom had two twin beds in it. Our mother used one of them and liked it. The second bath had a bath tub and shower. The unit had a washer and dryer that came in handy. There is a BBQ grill that runs off natural gas on the balcony. We did not use ours but did use the one in my brothers unit and it worked great. Nice TVs in all of the rooms.
There was a hot tub next to our unit that we made us of and it was really nice. The pool and kids area were also nice. The whole place and grounds were kept very clean. The resort was very close to shopping and things to do. I would very much recommend Rancho Vistoso. Go see Biosphere 2 science research facility while there!!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the mountains have great views. You swap out linen in the check in office building...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed as timeshare owners here in December 2012. The location is nice and private facing Catalina Hills and the units are well equipped though dated. It was difficult to find the units as it was dark when we arrived and the numbers were hard to find due to lack of appropriate lighting. For the 41 hours that we stayed there, the wi fi internet did not work for 30 hours. The front desk gave us a 800 number to deal with and were not much of a help. When I asked the ladies there to try to reboot the modem, I was informed for two consecutive evenings that the room is locked and they do not have any access to it. Worldmark has always been cheap on this most important service. Lack of this service caused innumerable issues for us and also a loss of some points that were expiring and I had hoped to use those from my room after checking in at this resort. No one at the front desk offered to fix the problem or any alternatives. The overall experience was marred by what could have been a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Try getting a unit facing the hills.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over Thanksgiving week while visiting our daughter who's a grad student at U of A. Everything was in good shape, and while older, had updates that counted like the TV's. Gas fireplace was nice and we used the grill on the balcony one night. Great for sitting out and having a glass of wine. Kitchen was well-equipped. Only quibbles I had were if you were upstairs like we were, and had heavy luggage or mobility problems there was no elevator, and the internet system was in transition and we had trouble getting internet. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Ok, let's review... (For purposes of full disclosure, this resort is a member of the timeshare network that I am a part of.) There were three of us going, myself, my 9 year old, and grandma.

THE UNIT. Room #152. This was a 2 bedroom plus a murphy bed that was in the living room, kitchen, inside laundry and everything that one might need to stay for a week. I was in the master, grandma was in the second bedroom, my 9 year-old was on the murphy bed. Bedroom #2 had two twin size beds while the master had a single king. The murphy bed was a queen size.

First off, let's go with THE GOOD. The staff was very friendly and very helpful, when we got there, we discovered that there were no elevators (one of our party could not do stairs) and the staff was able to accomdate our needs on short notice and we were given a first floor unit instead. The resort sits near the base of the north face of the Catalina Mountains which are stunning. The atmosphere is very quiet and relaxed. The TV's are new flat screens.

Second THE NO-SO-GOOD. The unit looked nice on the outside, with the exception of a screen next to the front door that was being held in place by duct tape (that should have been our first clue). A maintenance person came to replace it on our first day but the new screen did not fit and he left. It was replaced on day 2. The kitchen, while functional was in serious need of updating, there were just enough utensils to get by. However, someone, at some time, had pulled liner out of the drawers and there was noticeable splintering. We peeked in the fitness center, the equipment is old so we moved on.

IF YOU GO. When you check in, ask for discount coupons for the area restuarants. The have them, some are quite heavily discounted, BUT, they will not give them too you when you check-in, you have to ask, we were told about them on day 3 when we asked about a restaurant nearby.

THE BAD. Here we go... There were three TV's, one in each bedroom and living room. The master bedroom and the living room were hooked to cable but the one in the other bedroom was not, choices there were limited to local programming only and grandma was not happy. The nightlight on the microwave would not run off no matter what we did. The A/C has a governor on it so that it can't be turned down past 72, while was great for the second bedroom, the rest of the place was just a little warm. All of the pillows were twin size pillows, this works well for twin size beds, but the other two beds were provided with only 3 pillows each and for the master that was 1 pillow short.

BECAREFUL IN THE POOL! The ladder on the westside of the pool, at the time of this writing not only is barely secured, but all 3 of the steps are loose as well. All of the drain covers on the bottom are loose and after I stubbed my foot on one, I was told by another guest that he had done that as well.

THE UGLY.
Beds first, the mattresses on the twin beds (second bedroom) were way too springy, too soft, there was little if any support. They needed to be replaced. Grandma got little sleep and her back is now hurting. The king in the master was just the opposite, as hard a board and very uncomfortable. Sleeping on this was very uncomfortable. To be honest, the murphy bed was the best.

The condition of the unit was not very good, especially in the bathroom. The plaster on the walls was disintegrating in both of the bathrooms from moisture. In several other palces, is was crumbling off. The kitchen needs to be updated,..badly. The dishwasher has to be a leftover from when the complex was constructed.

THE DISGUSTING. Ok, so as we are packing up to leave, it would seem as though we lost a few lego pieces. As I started moving furniture around in the living room to find them, I discovered that previous guests had left food under just about everything. Obviously, the cleaning service never moved any of the furniture. The good news it that it had not attracted nay bugs yet.

I do not plan to return to this resort anytime soon, if ever.

Room Tip: DO NOY CHOOSE ROOM #152 as of the time of the posting of this! If your party can do stairs, get a se...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Compton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

the scenery was beautiful and calm area. To enjoy the resort you have to take two weeks because one is not enough. The staff makes you welcome. the air is fresh and the sight is like picture perfect or picture out of a postcard come true. stay in worldmark rancho vistoso you'll enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: higher suites are less to hear the outside noise and A/C. you could look at the view around you. Bea...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to WorldMark Rancho Vistoso? Share your experiences!