“Great Meal Great Presentation” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Meal Great Presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I celebrated Mother's day at El Charro Café in Oro Valley. We have eaten there many times but, this time it was a little different. Both of our meals came with eye catching presentation and, it was clear, the chef has increased the focus of their meals to delight the customers. In the past, although the Mexican food was great, the presentation was basically equivalent to other Mexican, American and Italian restaurants in the area. This time, both my wife's meal and mine came with attention to detail. (Unfortunately, I had cut into my meal before I thought to snap a picture of our meals, so the one picture is of only one of our meals. Mine was three Enchiladas which had been presented in a fan shape, having a presentation of colorful mixed vegetables at the tight end of the fan. My wife's as you can see, came in a more traditional stacked arrangement which blended the refried beans before the Chimmy and the accoutrements arranged on the other side of the Chimmy.

Well done and both meals were excellent!

The wait staff was very attentive and often stopped by to ensure drinks and salsa were refreshed.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Good service, great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I am an old Boomer that grew up here. We would at El Charro if we stopped in Tucson while I was growing up. It was always a family favorite. Had not eaten at el Charro since 1981. This location has lots of good parking and great food. I used to gorge on cheese enchiladas but those days are long gone. I had a wonderful vegetarian burro full of great vegetables that could easily be made vegan if I just asked them to hold the dairy. My husband enjoyed his vegetarian enchilada. Most items have meat or fish - so never fear! Great chips and salsa.

Visited May 2014
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

There were three of us. We had a short wait for a table and sat at the outside bar. The female bar tender spent a lot of time with us and we had a ball with her. She was so good that we insisted that she be our waitress. She made it a great evening and she mixed the best margarita I have had in a long time.

The food was great.

Back again, you can count on it!!

Visited April 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Quick lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stopped in today for a quick lunch. The service wasn't as quick as usual but okay. We love this place. The food is always great. Chips and salsa = YUM!

“Great food great staff every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

This is our third visit to Tucson and our third visit to El Charro. We think it's great. The house margarita was amazing! We sat outside at the bar and the bartender's were attentive and gave us great recommendations. The food was delicious. We will visit the next time we're in Tucson.

• Visited March 2014