“Disappointing Gift Card Policy” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Maple Grove
“Disappointing Gift Card Policy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I just got off the phone with The Keg Steakhouse and Bar manager. I wanted to order a gift card for relatives who live in Oro Valley, AZ.

I first tried their website but they charge an $8.00 shipping fee to mail the gift card. WHAT? How much does it really cost to put a gift card in an envelope, address the envelope, put a stamp on it and stick it in the mailbox??? The $8.00 wasn't even priority shipping -- that was $15.00!!!

So I decided to try calling the restaurant directly. The person who answered the phone said I would need to come into the restaurant to get the gift card...that may be slightly difficult as I live in Minnesota.

I spoke to the manager who said I could buy an e-card but I do not know my the email account of my relatives. He suggested I buy the gift card on line and when I told him they have a ridiculous $8.00 fee to ship a card across town he had nothing to say. I will never again attempt to do business with this place...can you say Highway Robbery????

• Visited December 2012

Blacklick, OH
“Not what we have had before”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

this keg location was not the best, compared to some we have been. we got sat & waited 20 mins for someone to come serve us, we ordered & they messed our order up. My steak was rare & asked for medium well. Not a good experience for us!

Visited December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendly Welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Staff were very friendly to me as a single woman dining alone. Between courses staff sat and chatted and I felt relaxed after a long day at meetings. Steak cooked to perfection and waiting time was perfect. I would definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newport, Oregon
“GREAT PRIME RIB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We went for a steak and found that the quality of the food was out standing. We had the prime rib and it was cooked to perfection with great seasoning. Even the mixed vegtables were not over cooked like normal and tasted great. Very good Au Jus sauce served with the prime rib.
Even with the great food, the service was better.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson, Arizona
“Good upscale restaurant in Oro Valley; fine food, service, ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The two of us wanted a movie and dinner, so went to the Keg at Oro Valley Marketplace. We remember the Keg from our days in Bellevue, WA - but that one was a pretty simple steakhouse. This one is definitely upscale. Very nice facilities, dark and well decorated; we sat near one of the multiple fireplaces. Hostesses are very dressy (and sexy!). Waiters and waitresses wear long, long aprons. Good selection of steaks (this is a steakhouse, after all!), fish and other offerings. We had the 6 oz sirloin with shrimp and scallops (2 and 1, respectively, but large ones!). Excellent taste and cooked to perfection. Accompanied by nice vegetables, mostly grilled and not overcooked. And a nice bottle of Pinot Noir. We're happy and will go back. Total cost incl. tip about $100. This is the most upscale restaurant in Oro Valley - you have to go 10 miles further south to Tucson to get anything comparable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere