Sadly, I was there when shawnyb84 had her dreadful experience, and every word of her account of events is true. That aside, being a third time visitor to Saleapaga, I found Korosetta and Tapu to be great hosts, as was Tina (the girlfriend of the inappropriate man), Tina has since left for obvious reasons. Saleapaga is truly a gorgeous place, one of the very special places I have ever been too. From the tourist's point of view the location and beauty is perfect for a true simple island get-away, it is just a shame that some of the people in the village have subsided into behaviours of harrassment for tala, lack of respect of the tourist's need for privacy, and it's clear that social drunkenness is rife at any hour of the day. In general I found my one month stay to be quite uncomfortable because of the invasiveness of the general populous, and I'm not mistaking their conduct for good old fashioned Fa'a Samoa, that in it's true form seems to have died. Rick and Dawn of Fao Fao Scooter Hire are indeed great folk, genuinely friendly Kiwis. They also run a taxi service. Fao Fao Beach Fales now have thirteen very good fales, and for those wanting more comfort, their building of twelve modern motel style units is almost complete. If the tourism authority could only firmly educate the local people on how to conduct themselves then tourism at Saleapaga will be a success. I would still recommend Fao Fao Beach Fales, especially during the busier season May to August when one wouldn't feel and be so isolated. Also, they seem to think that modern rap/techno Samoan music is the ultimate, it's booming out of every vehicle and entertainment spot. What happened to the traditional music in it's original form? Rap/techno is not part of the tropical island dream.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are having 18 beach fales directly at the beach - you could easily go for a swim after waking up - and 12 rooms with basic facilities. We are also offering a breakfast and traditional samoan food for dinner. Twice a week we are having a show called Fiafia which includes some of the most famous polynesian dances including the impressive firedance. On request we will arrange a bonfire at night for your amusement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Faofao Beach Fales reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Faofao Beach Fales Hotel Saleapaga
- Faofao Beach Fales Samoa/Saleapaga