I had read a few reviews on here before we went away - so I was in two minds as to what to expect about the standard of our stay.
All I can say is you have to make up your own mind. We found the service to be excellent with all staff friendly, approachable and eager to please.
Yes, drinks etc were expensive, but we ventured into Apia and stocked up at a local supermarket for beers and soft drinks. We were provided with 4 bottles of water free of charge at the hotel each day though. Drinks at the bar were on a par with NZ prices.
We were on the all inclusive food deal and we were so full - every meal is 3 courses and there are a choice of 4 restaurants. The children's menu varies at each of these restaurants too - this was good to know as my 5 year old started to get an upset tummy with heavy food at every meal. It was possible to find salads, rice, noodles etc for the kids meals so everything wasn't just chips!! There was plenty of variety for the 7 nights that we were there - I could see the menu getting a bit tedious if you are there longer than 7 days though.
The kids club was great - my 4 and 5 year olds loved it - the staff there are very attentive and there is a high ratio of staff to children. There weren't many children at the kids club though (max we had was 4 children at a time).
AS the children found it too hot, we only ventured into Apia (on the free shuttle) once. There is plenty to do at the resort. The pool is fantastic and we spent a long time there. The beach was great fun too and the watersports activities filled in a couple of afternoons.
I enjoyed a lovely 2 hour massage at the spa. A bit expensive, but definitely worth it!!
Nothing negative to say about the resort - the only thing I could say is that there isn't much communication about what restaurants you can eat at when conferences are on.
Would love to go back soon !!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Aggie Grey's Lagoon, Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aggie Grey`s Lagoon, Beach Resort And Spa
- Aggie Grey`s Lagoon, Beach Hotel Apia
- Aggie Greys Lagoon Beach Resort
- Aggie Greys Lagoon Beach Hotel
- Aggie Grey's Lagoon, Beach Resort & Spa Samoa/Apia