“Awesome beach wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aggie Grey's Lagoon, Beach Resort & Spa

You added Aggie Grey's Lagoon, Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Aggie Grey's Lagoon, Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Mulifanua Ferry Terminal Pier | PO Box 67, Apia, Upolu, Samoa   |
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Apia
Sydney, Australia
“Awesome beach wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We had the most beautiful wedding on the with minimal fuss, the beach had been set up with a floral arch, i was escorted from my room all the way to the beach by a few of the guys playing guitars and several handsome young guys with cone shells being blown and calling the " bride is coming" ( in samoan )
I was cheered on by all the guests at the resort whilst walking to the beach front, which was amazing,i had to proceed through the main reception area to the beach front were my husband to be was waiting with family and special friends,it was an amazing day i will never forget. Thankyou Aggie Grey & the wonderful staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

had great holiday - Aggie Greys was lovely. only complaint - quite annoying one - was the "kids Club" . we are parents of 4 children 3,6,8,10. We chose AG's for this kids club as wanted to have a couple of mornings without the 3 & 6 year old. It is absolutely hopeless. Nothing is done with them - the workers are completely bored. The video games/driving games for their age weren't working. No paint brushes, no paper and no crayons/felt pens for the little girls to sit and draw. The big show they make of "activities" doesn't come to fruition at all. The staff have NO interest and brought the kids to us after 1.5hours. We said no. back they came again after 10 minutes of brief "weaving" down the beach. Our kids are not tricky. Especially if they are entertained. My children were the only ones there so the helpers there were not overworked.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Christchurch New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Resort Facilities- huge swimming pool to suit everyone, lovely resort surrounded by amazing trees-great for walks etc, massage/spa-average, kids club-my 5 year old seemed enjoyed it, tennis courts are in okay condition.

Restaurants - the asian fusion restaurant-food portion tiny and very expensive, quality is okay (only 2 tables were occupied when we dined there), the island buffet night was worth trying, the other restaurants' food somedays were good and some days were bad. We had cheese cakes on the second night and obviously not a wise choice as two of us got really sick. Kids stay and eat free was a great deal but again there is a lot of deep fried food on the menu. Services really depended on the individual person works there.

Room - the beds were really comfortable and the room was cleaned every day. The decoration is a bit dated and not good lighting at night. Nice big room for the four of us. The stretch bed for my two-year-old daughter was very nicely set up. We didn't need to use our own P&T portable cot. Shower/bath was excellent.

Things to watch out - make sure you double check all the meals and drinks recorded by them especially if you have kids eat free. They made quite a few mistakes with our bill. Bring lots of snacks to eat if you have kids with you. No services provided for taking your luggages to and from your room. Make sure your bags are actually loaded onto the shuttle bus to and from the airport as they are a bit casual with that.

Overall, we chose the resort purely because of its swimming pool and nice big room for our kids. If you are a couple I am sure there is plenty other better choices out there in Samoa.

Room Tip: Rooms- block 300, upstairs for lovely sea view and not far from the restaurant and swimming pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Check in was a disaster…conference going on so they got priority, only one girl on reception!…it wasn't a surprise we all wanted to check in!

Food was excellent in the Asian restaurant but the other restaurants were below par…understand that they ran out of things because of it needing to come on the boat but was a bit of a pain, however the chef made me gluten free bread fresh so they really did try.

Rooms need updating, humidity means they are always a bit damp & smell a little of mould!

Staff tried really hard & couldn't be faulted…but they ran out of clean pool towels mid afternoon, the gym equipment was nearly all broken & don't arrive after 9am for breakfast it's all gone!

Good time had, but won't be rushing back

• Stayed October 2013
New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have stayed at Aggies a few times over the years. Firstly when it opened, and also on the odd occasion that we had too, due to location to the ferry.
I try to spread our money around the hotels and therefore stay somewhere different each time.
I stayed here 1 night in August because I had to catch the ferry the next day.
I have to say that I think its time that some attention is spent on the rooms.
I found the bathroom and decor was looking tired, and soak scum on the shower glass is not really great in my book.
I have stayed in a lot of different spots - some basic, and some not. So I am pretty good at value for money.
Aggies is good for families with kids - although I understand that there is a new resort that will give aggies a run for its money - return to paradise.
Breakfast was a bitter dissappointment to find that the fruit they served (which is pretty much all you feel like in hot weather) was canned fruit salad or canned pineapple. WHAT!! Canned fruit in samoa!
One thing I love about some places - is that they buy from the locals their fruit and veg which spreads the money around. However it doesnt look like this happens.
Also used the spa - guys you really need to clean the showers and bathrooms that are used - it was in pretty poor condition.

The beach and pool are great for families - but I cant help but think that for a real experience of samoa - your better off staying somewhere a little smaller - with some personality. As this hotel does not give you that feeling.

Room Tip: They are all in the same position, so what you get it pretty much the same as everyone else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Aggies from 16 October 2013 for six nights. I remember feeling alittle apprehensive about the booking due to the many mixed reviews I had read. Due to the short stay my daughter and I made full use of the resort to enjoy some quality R & R. We found the overall staff friendly, polite and extremely helpful with our requests. I would give House Keeping top marks and in particular comment on how efficient they were. The few times we did venture out we were always greeted with warm welcome back smiles by the staff in front of the Hotel. There was a slight hiccup at Reception regarding the phone bill, however was promptly addressed and I was kept well informed. The Information/Booking counter was superb. My daughter and I enjoyed all areas of the Resort and was very happy to be able to attend the Church Service on Sunday. We both loved the amazing breakfast buffet and the friendly table staff. I am undecided regarding aircraft noise. I was woken once, however wouldn't make the decision not to return because of it.

Room Tip: I would choose Rooms from the 4-6 Block.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nelson, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here for 8/9 days from mid October 2013 - first the negative - the food - poor variety same menu for the whole trip, we both got stomach trouble, out of eight people, 5 of us got sick, two seriously, the hotel ran out of Imodium at one stage but some appeared later. Very average and very expensive food, you have to wonder about hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen. Hopefully when Sheraton take over at the end of the year they will gut the kitchen and start again with a new and more imaginative chef or two! Some parts needed a coat of paint and rooms were a little dated, mattress had seen better days! Planes could be very low and loud especially during the night.
Plus side - lovely pool setup, enjoyed the beach (a few of the loungers had holes in them!), and a great spa massage. Staff were very friendly and helpful, music and singing were great and enjoyed the BBQ.
On the whole disappointing especially if you are sick for three days out of your holiday!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aggie Grey's Lagoon, Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!