“Nice accomodation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Apia
Delhi
“Nice accomodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have stayed in the hotel for the second time and may stay there each time I go.
The stay is very comfortable with big rooms and good internet speed.

However, the restaurant is very expensive and dull. What makes the next hotel Amanaki more popular is the open air restaurant and the swimming pool. The Elisa management should think about it.

Also, the restaurant has a good number of channels but the room TVs have almost nil.
Hope to see some improvement next time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed 3 nights in the old wooden wing of this hotel for only $70ST ($42nzd) for 2 people in a spacious room with a ceiling fan, with shared bathroom and kitchen facilities.

Great value for money, one of the cheapest places we stayed in Apia. While it was basic, the room very clean, and guests could use the clean newish unheated pool.

Wireless is available throughout the hotel (at an extra cost, $40ST for 5 hours), or could use their computer suite next to reception.

Close to the Flea markets, I would not hesitate in staying here again.

Room Tip: There are new Hotel rooms at the front of the building, but are expensive. For best value, ask for...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Westland, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My daughter, my niece & I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. They charged me for three people, and they failed to provide bedding for the 3rd person. When we checked out, a very rude clerk accused us of having 4 people in our room, which it wasn't true. I confronted her for not providing a bed for the 3rd person, and asked her what I was paying extra for. She claimed it's for the use of a shower & extra towels.. $50 for 1 towel.. This clerk had a nasty attitude, never smiled or helpful. We asked for towels for the pool, and she acted like we asked for her liver. It's bad enough she's ugly on the outsied, she should try to be pretty on the inside. We moved to Aggies and Aggies' service was incredible. The price at Aggies is cheaper as well.

Room Tip: The room lacks light, food took too long to serve.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Had no complaints with my stay. Room was clean and not cramped. Easy walk to town. Hotel had few other features but I didn't need any (there's a small pool). Staff perfectly polite. If you want an intown location without the price of Aggie Grey's (clearly much nicer) but want more than a backpacker place, this should be one of the places to consider.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

We were recommended this hotel by a local. After searching around for a suitable place for our young baby, we decided to give it a go. The room was OK and reasonably clean however i found the hotel as a whole very dark, gloomy and almost creepy. There werent any other guests around. They put us on the 3rd floor and without an elavator it was quite difficult with a young baby. Breakfast which was included was dry and nothing to brag about. On check out, i left the keys in the room as we always do however the lady at reception made me climb the stairs to retrieve the keys before she can check me out.

On our way back from Savaii, too tired to investigate other hotels we decided to check in this hotel again. She charged us the same rate (WST185) but gave us the room on the top floor. The room had no balcony and was like a cage. I asked her for the same room as before but she said it was taken despite no activity or no other guests to be seen anywhere. Anyway,we gave back the keys and went next door to Tanoa Resort. Great service and lively. Well worth the extra dollars.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I had been to this Hotel a couple of times before with friends and family and it had been great-we booked the same budget room & service was excellent.But this time it wasn't so good as it seemed like our sheets weren't getting changed, always had to ask to get new towels & toiletries as it was shared facilities (maybe they were sick of seeing the same people-i don't know) but one incident in particular we didn't have any clear glasses as we were getting ready to drink our duty free, it seemed others were taking the glasses to their rooms leaving only coffee mugs; so my sister went down to ask for some yet to be told by a female who we've never seen before in an annoyed tone that we should clean the glasses upstairs as we've booked the budget accom (like we didn't already know) my sister advised her that we've done this before, only to be told that it shouldn't have happened. My sister was not happy with this response so she asked to see the manager only to find out that this female said she WAS the manager and the owner of the hotel! I was so appalled and disgusted at her whole attitude that I downed a glass of vodka as there was noone else to go to; although we stayed there the whole trip and still had a good time but this incident has still stuck and it only takes a little thing to ruin a great rep of this Hotel. I'm due to go back again next month and looks like Aggie Grey's it is.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

After staying is some other hotel which was expensive... I discovered this hotel as I passed by.

Surprisingly at 156 talas... the room was very huge.... clean and nicely equipped.
I recommend this hotel to all those who are looking for a zero hassle and safe stay.

This hotel is a real value for money.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Elisa? Share your experiences!