“Our stay was so enjoyable thanks to the amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beach Rd, Sogi Peninsula, Apia, Upolu, Samoa   |
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Apia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nunawading, Australia
“Our stay was so enjoyable thanks to the amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed at Amanaki in March 2014 for a holiday. It was our first ever trip to Samoa and we were very happy we stayed at Amanaki. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The pool was fabulous and the service was exceptional! The cocktails and food at the restaurant were just amazing and very affordable. I cannot say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. They went out of their way to assist us in anything that we needed or enquired about. A special thanks to Johanna who was just lovely!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed at Amanaki for 3 weeks in Sep-Oct 2013 and 6 weeks in Jan-Feb 2014. My bags were carried up the stairs by the strong and capable Malua. I could not feel more at home when I had staff whom I had not noticed during my 2013 trip welcome me back.
My 3rd floor room provided me with a beautiful view of Apia Harbour through the tinted large sliding doors or my balcony. The drapes are heavy which helps keep the light out when I want to sleep in. My room had a King size bed with a single bed which I sometimes substitute as a sofa. It also came in handy when a friend stopped in to watch movies. There was so much space I had room to exercise! There is a computer desk just below the wall mounted TV where you could connect your laptop to the large screen if you take your own VGA cable as they don't provide it. Hook up your laptop to a portable speaker and voila! You have yourself a mini theatre in your room. I was surprised at how I did not get any complaints about how loud my exercise DVD was so I figured the hotel must have noise reduction walls.
The bathroom is a simple large wash basin, a beautifully polished wooden bench large enough for my make-up, hair straightener and toiletries. The lighting was perfect. Shower is tiled with great water pressure and endless supply of hot water.
Room is serviced daily with the option of Going Green. Staff are genuinely happy to be at work, professional and thoughtful. I felt safe as there was a security person on duty at all times and reception staff was available 24 hours. I once had to call them up at 3am in the morning to help me with my luggage down the stairs. He promptly turned up with a smile and would not let me carry anything.
The Amanaki restaurant was always buzzing with activity. Food is consistently of excellent quality. Yes the menu is limited but there is a lot to say about quality over quantity. A great place to enjoy a nice cold niu (young coconut) after a workout or a stroll along the sea wall.
Thank you to Bev and her staff for making my stay a comfortable and pleasurable one.

Room Tip: 3 storey building. Choose the 3rd floor rooms with beautiful view of the harbour.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

First time, but as a long time visitor to Samoa, I was looking forward to staying somewhere different, have heard good reports about it.
Reception, when we arrived at near midnight, all was ready for us, a nice change from the usual Samoan hotel late arrival of mass confusion and delay! We were shown where to park and taken to our room, another nice change from often just being pointed in the general direction of a room.
The rooms are on 3 levels we were on level 2. It is a large comfortable well laid out room, plenty of space, and a large bathroom. The only fault we found with the room was that there are no "lace" type curtains so you cannot have the curtains open at any time unless you want people in the car park or restaurant or even the main road seeing right into your room, quite annoying, as I work many hours on the internet every day and I like to have natural light.
Another thing we found surprising was that staff opened the door without knocking or calling out, three times in two days that happened. Once it was the Gideons, coming to change to the bible. Like we have worn it our through reading?????
Also 2 of the 5 days we stayed there the room was not cleaned or made up. Not sure if this was because we were in the room a lot and they did not want to disturb us.
Nice swimming pool which we tried out once, no shade so for us really pale skin types we have to wait until late in the day to go for a swim. The pool was very good and the sun warmed water excellent.
Breakfast was "Continental" free with room, or you can order of a small menu if you like. Most days we had the Continental which is sufficient but does not include fruit juice.
Lunch and dinner was pretty good, although one night one of the pork meals was extremely undercooked, no problem about getting it cooked properly although the lady who took our money when we left was quite surly and enquired if "the pork was OK cooked for the SECOND time" her emphasis.
Like most Pacific hotels do not expect first class service even though you pay more than a 4 star hotel in Beijing! Pacific time is prevalent in just about all hotels in the region. We asked for a 3AM wake up call but set my 'phone alarm just in case, and of course no wake up call came. They rarely do, but you need to go into pacific hotels with that in mind and you will still enjoy them.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd level would seem better to me
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed at Amanaki in November and loved it. Staff were lovely, friendly and so helpful. Rooms were clean and spacious. The restaurant is one of my favourites in Samoa, well priced and delicious. Shout out to Rob for the yummy cocktails! Hope I didn't annoy anyone with my singing in the pool :P See you all again in 2014!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Suva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Apia and finally found my go-to/return spot in the Amanaki. Both for value (200 tala a night plus continental breakfast), venue (for access to work, evening walks on the Seawall and a well stocked and popular bar) and very friendly and efficient staff. Thanks to Ioane and her team who always make you feel welcome and remembered and ever ready with local advice and tips. The rooms are very clean and spacious with balconies overlooking the harbour or if you are on the ground floor, the pool and well kept gardens. Internet access is good and Lavaspot can be purchased at reception. The restaurant is good value with homey meals and the standout dish is the poke, fresh as the day! Goes well with a beer tower and the laughs of good times that seem to be part of Amanaki's signature. I will keep coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room above ground floor so you can get a view of the sea.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

A huge thank you to Bev and her AMAZING staff at Amanaki. Bev has got just about everything right with this hotel. Great food, large rooms, lovely pool, good central location and staff who are willing to help wherever they can. From arranging a hire car to keeping breakfast going just 'a little longer' so that we could take our time. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

From the very beginning in booking Amanaki online, the friendly service and professionalism has been excellent. Ioana in Reservations knows her stuff and was very helpful to someone who had never been to Samoa before. We had an 8 day stay broken by 2 days in Pago Pago and returned for another 2 days for on our way home to Oz. Even when I didnt know what dates we would be going to Pago she was kind and informative re the second booking. I always felt confident in my correspondence with Ioana. She was SOOO helpful!!
This is a hands on family run business with Beverley and daughter Liana attending at times with kindness.

From arrival to leaving twice, it was like coming home..all the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The staff always presented well with clean uniforms or their own clothes. Their Samoan smiles, the women with flowers in their hair... beautiful, the men with big strong bodies..enough!!
The included continental breakfast was plentiful and some mornings we had cooked breakfast. All meals were delicious and the fish was nice and fresh.

The Vailima Pure beer is to die for coming from a woman who is normally a champagne drinker.The location of this hotel is 5 mins from town, an easy walk and I guess because it is so, the locals seem to patronise it well making for a great atmosphere.

Reservation ordered taxis for us but the taxi stand was handy, just across the road and the wifi accessibility for a small fee was convenient though sometimes slow but hey when in the South Pacific, slow down and chill...no heart attacks in this Paradise.

We had a medical emergency with my senior mother late in our stay but with our aiga's help and Amanaki's help we were able to fly home to Oz as booked. All's well Ioana, fa'afatai lava. We will be back with our kids and grandkids, 34 of us in 2016. Tofa Soifua.

Room Tip: My senior mother had room 11 twice and my husband and I had room 21 and room 14. Rooms 11 and 14 wer...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Amanaki Hotel? Share your experiences!