“Paradise within Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Apia
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Paradise within Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night stay. Great hospitality, amenities and the rooms were clean and in great condition. The staff are friendly, approachable, professional and were very accommodating with our needs. Amanaki Hotel is by far the best hotel in Samoa, especially considering other hotels within Samoa are charging the same room rate for a terrible room and service. The continental breakfast was refreshing and the food is decently priced. I would gladly recommend Amanaki Hotel for all visitors to Samoa.

Room Tip: Make sure you enjoy the complimentary/continental breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed for 2 nightds on 9 & 10 Jan 2012, with my wife and 2 sons under 5yrs.

They all enjoyed the stay very much and my oldest son loved the pool. The rooms are very large meet our family needs. The food from the restaurant is not only great value but also very tasty.

My son had a little accident in the pool and management and staff dealt with it very professionally, which was much appreciated.

The front office attendant Ioana was always smiling and very helpful. The housekeeping staff were cheerful as well as helpful, they were always willing to assist us in making our stay comfortable. This was also much appreciated especially the assistance given when we were cleaning our rental

We stayed at Amanaki as the tailend of our stay and prior to this we were staying with family in Upolu and Beach Fales in Savaii, this was a Great way to end our visit this time.

Will Be Back - Keep up the Great Service!!!

Room Tip: Ordr the $15 fish and chips from the restaurant is the BEST VALUE in Apia! You will not be disappoin...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I found this hotel under "B & B's" on Tripadvisor, but it's really a hotel - I'm not sure why it's under B&B's. I look for a place that's clean, quiet, and has a comfortable bed, and the Amanaki met those requirements completely. The name Amanaki comes from the first boat that the owner's husband had in his business as a fisherman. The boat still brings in its own fish for the restaurant, and along with the excellent chefs, is probably the reason that it's so popular among locals as well as visitors. The fish is outstanding!

Positives:
-Because of the size of the hotel, there is very personalized service - the staff recognize you, and you them.
-Fabulous staff who are very helpful and accommodating
-Full bar and restaurant with EXCELLENT food (at least the fish dishes, all of which we had)
-Large, very clean rooms with tile floors, bordering the large, beautiful pool
-Location is on the peninsula very close to town
-Light breakfast of cereal, bread and local fruit included
-Generally very quiet after 10pm and before about 9am, so very restful sleep
-Very comfortable bed and pillows
-A/C with remote control

Negatives:
-More expensive than I expected in Samoa (220 WST per night)
-Food and drinks were relatively expensive as well, but were very good, and compared with other places we visited in Apia, the prices are very fair for the quality of the food - good value.
-The first night, we had quite a few mosquitoes and flies in our room. In the morning, we told Ioana, the excellent customer service person at the front desk, and she promptly offered to spray the room. Turns out, this is a huge problem in every hotel (when we visited the Tanoa Tusitala to see a room, there was a small can of bug spray in every room). After the first day, we never had another problem.

Overall, a very good value - You won't regret staying here. It's well-known and highly thought of in the community for a good reason.

Room Tip: I liked having a room on the bottom floor, because you can just walk out the sliding door to the poo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Arrived very late at night due to the crazy flight times in and out of Samoa. As with all places in Apia its about a 45-50 m jounrye from the airport along a really interesting road.

Upon arrival dealt with very nicely and efficiently. My first thoughts on entering the room were that it was a bit sparsely decorated (painted walls, no carpet) however, as soon as the sun came up quickly realised that this is the genius of Amanaki - the only place we stayed for weeks in the south pacific where you can be assured of the room staying cool and not the slightest sign of any cockroaches or other nasties! The room is also really big with a nice balcony.

Very nice breakfast although you will probably want to pay extra to go off the a la carte as the buffet is a bit limited... beautiful seafood omelete... all good really!

Found it to overall be an incredibly friendly relaxed place - the family who own it are just lovely, so helpful, really a joy to chat to. This attitude seems to carry over to the guests, everyone was really nice, friendly, it was really just like one big happy family!

Pool looked nice though I never made it in.

Drinks and food well priced relative to a lot of other places in Apia.

Very well located for central Apia (though given the heat and cheap price of taxis you're probably not best advised walking too much!)

One day we had a tour with a relative of the owners - Don. Did a tailor made half day tour - well worth it - great guy very knowledgable, real hoghlight of the trip, make sure you ask for him when you're there!

It wasn't however until I stayed in Aggie Greys (the supposed best hotel in Apia) that I really realised what a great great place amanaki was - next time in samoa I'll be back to Amanaki for sure.

Room Tip: Get a 3 person room for 2 ppl - gives you a huge ammount of space and only about 50-70wst extra
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

The best service we experienced in the whole of Samoa.
Awesome and very popular bar/restaurant.
Nice pool.
Half the price of Aggie Greys apparently.

Check my other reviews, I'm not always this glowing!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I took the advice of other travellers and went to Amanakis for dinner on my recent trip to Samoa. I was not disappointed. The service was fabulous which is not that common in Samoa, although it is getting better overall. The food was good and the price was reasonable, which again is not that common in Samoa. I was very pleased with my experience at Amanakis and I will return on my next trip to Samoa.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
New Plymouth, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

After a disappointing experience at another hotel in Apia we transferred to Amanaki Hotel and we are so glad we did. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff were so helpful and friendly and went the extra mile to give outstanding service. Travelling with kids is stressful but the Amanaki staff were so helpful! A few examples of this: 1 - Pre-booking a table at a restaurant (we had mentioned we wanted to go to that night) just so we wouldn't miss out on a excellent view! 2 - Making the bed with extra pillows down the side so our 3 year wouldn't fall out. 3 - Giving us a memory stick with 2 films on it for the kids to watch. 4 - Getting cocoa pops esp for the kids for breakfast. 5 - Helping with rental car bookings, giving invaluable local knowledge everyday when asked. The staff were just wonderful and we will recommend this hotel to everyone. Thanks so much Bev, Ioana and all the other lovely people who looked after us during our stay - we had such a great time! We were constantly amazed at what nice service we received. We feel very lucky to have stayed here! I should also mention that the restaurant/bar were great, pool is fab and perfect for kids, rooms are big and roomy and well equipped. Views from the rooms are fantastic. What more can I say? Stay here!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Amanaki Hotel? Share your experiences!