We arrived after a very bumpy ride on the ferry as the super moon made for very large seas. We were hungry after our overnight trip from Aus and the staff were happy to accommodate our request for a late breakfast. We loved the over the sea little hut we stayed in although I had reservations about the floor as it seemed that it was only the lino that was stopping me from falling through. The shower was really nice and dinner was quite acceptable if a little on the pricey side. The place is clean but I get the feeling that some structural maintenance would go a long way. The markets a ten minute walk although there is not much there. I feel for the owner who's boat caught fire and is just there. You can even see it in the Google photos. Jim is a lovely guy along with his staff and the more people that stay here the better for the future of all of Samoa. Savaii is worth spending more time in. We rented a car(which is cheaper than the mainland) to go to the Alofaaga Blowhole and also to Afu Aau Waterfall. I review these elsewhere. Canoeing is great as its well protected waters and you always see the colorful fish under the deck as the water is unbelievably clear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, boutique resort located on the Big Island of Savai'i in Salelologa. If you are looking for somewhere a little different, somewhere relaxing, we are the place you have been looking for! Located conveniently - get off the ferry at Salelologa wharf turn left. Lusia's Lagoon Chalets is a five minute walk or 1 minute drive from the wharf at Salelologa, Savaii. At Lusia's you can walk through a natural Samoan forest amongst the towering and rare native ifilele trees. Take a dip in our turquoise lagoon, or for the more adventurous, you may like to snorkel or kayak and view the amazing variety of marine life. In the evening, enjoy a satisfying meal in CC's Restaurant & Bar, or you may like to have your meal served to you on our deck situated on the edge of our lagoon. Accommodation ranges from self contained air conditioned units, shared facility "over the water fales" and budget accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Lusia's Lagoon Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lusia`s Lagoon Chalets Hotel Salelologa
- Lusias Lagoon Chalets Salelologa
- Lusia's Lagoon Chalets Samoa/Salelologa