We stayed at the Savaiian Hotel as part of our Holiday in Samoa, the service was genuine and sincere and the staff went out of their way for us by giving directions to all the local attractions, and when we went shopping at the local village one of the staff made sure we were able to get transport back to the hotel.
When it came time for us to make our way back to Upolo on the ferry, management from the Savaiian hotel had contacted a friend who was able to give us a lift to the beach fales where we were next staying, these were half way across the Island of Upolo and they had definitely gone well out of their way for us.
Poi who is the manager of the hotel also works in the kitchen, he has a talent for food and this is reflected in the dishes he serves, the food is sourced locally and is fresh. I saw first hand his preparation of a large fresh mahi mahi fish and was impressed with his culinary skills. The Oka salad is highly recommended and the flavors and textures of fish coconut and citrus are well balanced by the fresh cucumber and tomato also used in this salad.
The rooms were well constructed and cleaned daily, these rooms offered ample outside seating a great place to be in the evening to admire the tropical vistas.
There has been some government related work on constructing a seawall which to me did not detract in any way from my enjoyment of the hotel or its grounds.
The Saviian hotel is a welcoming and friendly place to stay with good food and secure facilities.
If I were to be staying in Samoa again I would not hesitate to stay at this location and would recommend anyone to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savaiian hotel offers comfortable affordable accommodation in 6 self contained units with aircon/en suite bathroom/hotwater/fridge/tea coffee/patio/kitchen facilities available as well as 5 traditional styled fales for those on a tighter budget-all fully screened with ceiling fan and en suite. We provide haven to those wanting to get away from the busy city life and you will not forget your stay in the tranquil village of Lalomalva. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, HostelWorld, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Savaiian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savaiian Hotel Salelologa
- Savaiian Motel Salelologa
- The Savaiian Hotel Samoa/Salelologa