We stayed for one night, and joined one tour on each of the two days. The fale that we stayed in was clean and pleasant, and relatively luxurious in comparison to the normal (tourist-oriented) fale. There were one double bed and two single beds. As advertised, the shower (!) only had cold water, but that was OK in the tropics. The fale had walls, windows with fly screen, curtains, a lockable door, and ceiling fan (amongst other things).
The food was lovely, and the staff were friendly. The tours were fun, but pricey (pricey in relation to the fale, but cheap in relation to tours in 'Upolu). One tour covered the eastern half of the northern coast, and the other tour covered the eastern half of the southern coast.
They were not 100% responsive to internet communications (I wasn't sure whether it was them and/or the state of internet in Savai'i), but they were very pleasant to talk to over the phone, and they were apologetic for not having replied online. When I was booking the fale and the tours, their booking website worked for the accommodation, but not for the tours. On the ferry halfway to Savai'i, I discovered that I didn't have any written confirmation that I have booked the tours (which included the transfer from the ferry terminal), but I was relieved to see the tour guide standing there waiting for us with a big smile at the ferry terminal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Savaiian hotel offers comfortable affordable accommodation in 6 self contained units with aircon/en suite bathroom/hotwater/fridge/tea coffee/patio/kitchen facilities available as well as 5 traditional styled fales for those on a tighter budget-all fully screened with ceiling fan and en suite. We provide haven to those wanting to get away from the busy city life and you will not forget your stay in the tranquil village of Lalomalva. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, HostelWorld, Agoda, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your The Savaiian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savaiian Hotel Salelologa
- Savaiian Motel Salelologa
- The Savaiian Hotel Samoa/Salelologa