“Can find much better” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Regina's Beach Fales

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Savai'i
Regina's Beach Fales
Manase, Savai'i, Samoa   |
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Savai'i
London, Canada
“Can find much better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

My fiance and I had booked this place for 5 nights but left after only a couple. Anne-Marie, the young girl who runs the place, was helpful when she was there, but it was obvious from talking with her that she is completely overwhelmed with doing all the work herself. The food was awful, and we ended up having to pay to eat elsewhere half of the time because they offered nothing for vegetarians. We told them repeatedly that we are vegetarians and when Anne-Marie was there, we were able to get some non-meat meals, but any other times, there was nothing (even the soup) that didn't have meat in it. We stayed at a bunch of other places in Samoa and we never went hungry, so it is possible to get good veggie food here. The fales were fine, bathrooms were fine, and beach was nice (though you have to walk down to Stevensons for good beach access) but the service and food was not good, and I definitely think there are better options. We met other people who had the same problem and left after only a night or two and headed to Vacations fales which they said were much better. They looked much nicer too, as did Stevenson's. Overall, this beach is nothing compared to Lalomanu so I wouldn't spend more than a couple of days here. Check out.Racis Beach bar if you are on Manase though, it was the best part of our stay there. Raci and his wife are great, hire good snorkel equipment, and make amazing drinks!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tobi Doering
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

I had the same problem, waking to find Annamarie's father next to my bed in my fale in the middle of the night, and he had put a cat on top of my stomach underneath the mosquito net for cover. Fortunately, after making repeated ridiculously stupid excuses as to why he was there, he left when I demanded it. Supposedly, he was sent away when I told the head of the extended family. I could have put up with the horrible food, but "the incident" was too much. Also, I saw them refilling water bottles from a big jug for re-sale, and somewhere I caught Hepatitis A from either the food or water. I moved next door to Vacations, where there was a door to my fale with a latch on it and the food was very good with excellent, friendly service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
new zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

The food is terrible. We were served spaghetti sandwiches for dinner and crackers and cheese (2 per person) for lunch. I would head for Stevensons instead.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

We arrived at Regina's having booked a beachfront fale through the Samoa Hotel Association. On our arrival, we were told the only fale available was not on the beach but was instead right beside the toilet block. Furthermore, there were people sleeping in it when we arrived and it was not cleaned prior to being offered to us. We asked for something on the beach and were offered a "new", very small fale without lighting. Upon expressing our discontent at the unavailability of what we had booked, the woman who seemed to be in charge scolded us for having booked through the Samoa Hotel Association and was singularly unhelpful. We left and stayed at Jane's Beachfront Fales down the road and had a wonderful experience there. I would not recommend Regina's unless you want to deal with a whole heap of attitude and, apparently, unwelcome nighttime visits (see previous review). There are plenty of nice places to stay in Manase and many, many very nice people in Samoa - just don't go to Regina's to find them.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

We've spent in Regina's 6 days and enjoyed very much our stay. It's a budget accommodation run by a local family. We had an accident, our torch was stolen from the dining room, we told to the manager about that and she really tried her best trying to find the torch. The news spread all over the place and I think the thief realized that since everyone knew, he/she wouldn't be able to use the it any longer and placed the torch into our backpack somehow. On the other hand the manager was ready to pay us a kind of compensation for the stolen torch.
We are very thankful for everyone who works in Regina's, very responsible and friendly people who work hard.
The hotel was always full and we had pleasant time meeting new people. Since the weather wasn't brilliant we spent many hours chatting with other gusts in the dining room.
The only thing we didn't like much was the beach, it's slight rocky there, so you have to walk like 5 minutes to the sandy place. That's the only so-called problem :)
Room rates I think were the best all over Manase, 60 Tala/per with everything included (breakfast, light lunch and dinner).
The fales were fully made of natural material in a traditional samoan way, no plastic.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Samoa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

I've stayed at Regina's twice. The first time was with a friend a month ago. We were overbooked, but accommodated in a nice fale in front of the family's home (a short strill down the beach). Annamaria looked after us well, the food was great, the fale was beautiful.
Based on this good experience, I returned again on my own on Sunday. Again, I got a nice fale (but because the people who were meant to take it had apparently left in a huff because it wasn't completely beachfront). Annamaria was again very helpful and lovely. Unfortunately, I woke up at 4 am with what I thought was a cat or lizard sitting on my belly. I threw it off and couldn't work out what it was, when Annamaria's father revealed himself to be next to my bed. He had been rubbing my abdomen with his hand. Long story short, he wouldn't leave me alone, so I had to get in my car, drive off and sleep by the side of the road.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Wellington, NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

stayed here for 4 nights and wished we had found it sooner.!!
Everyone very welcoming - Lefa kindly looking after us each meal time... only down side was the rooster at 4am.....but that isn't totally a 'regina' thing....they are all over the place!
Internet cafe and shop right across the road, also Raci's - kayak hire etc only moments away. Don't drink the water - they provide water for you from the local spring and refridgerate it as well.

Met some lovely travellers whilst here....
Oh....and Savaii Dive - well worth the snorkling for 3 hrs approx $35 NZ....total bargin.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Regina's Beach Fales? Share your experiences!