“Great Place!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tanu Beach Fales

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Savai'i
Tanu Beach Fales
You added Tanu Beach Fales to your Saves list
Tanu Beach, Savai'i, Samoa   |
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Savai'i
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Great Place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

We are a couple in our fourties, living in New Zealand.We stayed 9 nites at Tanu Beach which was great.Great staff, good food and wonderful Fales by the Beach. It is a great place to relax and snorkel. The show with the family was amazing. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Norwell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

I did a lot of research to find the real Samoan experience. I didn't want to stay at the big hotels that would be so similar to other tropical spots. Since I was a woman traveling alone safety was a big concern. From what I read about Tanu Beach Fales I felt comfortable staying there. This family operation were so hospitable, food very good and plentiful, swimming wonderful,and authentic entertainment, and I felt completely safe. I took a bus to the market in town which was a cultural experience in many ways. With a couple from NZ rented a car and did our own tour around the island.
The most remarkable thing was my fale. It was about 12 feet above the ocean. Lulled to sleep by the wonderful waves, and woken up to the most incredible sunrises. When I was there it was off season so it was very quiet with a lot of privacy.
Watch out if you go Swim with the Turtles about a mile away as I got a bite on my finger. I heard others had some issues. Enjoy Tanu Beach Fales!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Queenstown NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

Tanu beach fales, are one of many in the immediate area. Tanu excels in its cleanliness, appearance and fia fia night. (the fire dancing kicked butt - pretty damn good). Food is traditional Samoan fare, so beware if your taste buds demand something a little more western. Had planned to stay longer but in the end it was the food that sent me searching for something tastier with perhaps a little more fresh seafood.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

stayed for 2 nights. Wish we could stay longer..but already had prebooked somewhr else - shame.
Beach front traditional fales on the sand - gud mosquito nets inside fales- not many mosquitoes as we had in an accomodation neat the warf in Savaii. Gr8 food - gud chance for those who like to try traditional food as hard to find in Samoa in restaurants. Water is turqouise blue with white sand..gr8 place for snorkelling - seen many tropical fish and colourful coral. just loved it. Certnaily will go back to this place on my next trip to Samoa - whenevr that is :).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New Plymouth, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

We are a couple in our fourties married an living in New Plymouth, New Zealand. Staying at tanu Beach was great. Great staff, good food and wonderful Fales by the beach. It was a great place to relax and snorkel. The show with the family was amazing. Booked our selfs without any problems. We will go back thats for sure.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I stayed at Tanu beach with a friend for a total of 7 nights. Although we didnt do anything in particular for the whole week, the time just seemd to fly. Tanu is great for lazing on the beach, reading a book, having a nap in the fale or exploring the local area, going for a snorkel or a swim. Even though the fales are really basic, its everything you need. Food was tasty and filling. You only get a hearty breakfast and then evening meal, so you do need to find something for your midday snack. There are a few local vendors who sell fresh fruit just outside of the resort, and if you take it to the kitchen of Tanu beach they will prepare it for you. The pawpaws over there are deliciously mouthwatering! The beach is beautiful and after having a little explore round the local area, is by far the nicest beach for swimming and sunbathing in the village. Tanu beach is exactly how I imagined my Samoan holiday to be. I highly reccommend it.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

I recently went to Samoa, to take my Dad home, he's 84. I have never been before and I loved it, the scenery, people, culture!!!. We went to my Dad's village, where he was born, Saleula then we went to stay at Tanu's. It was about midnight when we arrived, the people were friendly enough, we did recieve a beautiful meal , but I'm not sure whether I could sleep outside in a fale again!, it was uncomfortable and very, very hot, even for my dad, but in the morning, we had breakfast and that was lovely, samoan pancakes YUMMO although my dad makes the best pancakes in the world!!!!!, I would recommend it to younger people because it is a great place for them and what they want to do. The beach is amazing and sooooooooo clean, even better then NZ beaches. Hi Villie!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010

Been to Tanu Beach Fales? Share your experiences!