“Magic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tailua Beach Fales

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savai'i
Tailua Beach Fales
You added Tailua Beach Fales to your Saves list
Manase Beach Road, Savai'i, Samoa   |
Auckland, New Zealand
“Magic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

If you are looking for luxury don't go to Tailuas. However if you are looking for a magic spot on the beach with a local family that will make you feel one of them Tailuas is the place. Titi and Ena are in the forefront feeding you and making you feel at home. Other memebrs of the family are ensuring you and your possessions are safe in a quiet unassuming manner.

The Fales are basic (Mattress on the floor) but comfortble enough and situated between the road and beach. This means a bit of road noise in the mornings but who wants to sleep through a beautiful sunrise, sleep in the heat of the day like the locals. Bathrooms are also basic (cold water through a pipe) but clean, adequate and close. The food is plentyful, lots of variety, based on local produce and served communially. Bananas are available 24/7. For the price its one of the best values for money I have experienced. Racy's beacr bar is across the road and their internetcafe 2 minutes walk. Racy and Zita are very helpful. The sun is hot, the beach sandy, the water warm but the best memorable part is the Titi and her family, they are lovely. Thanks for a lovely 5 days ( and thats probably enough in a small place like Manase.
Tony and Anita

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We spent five nights at Tailua in June with a 10 month old and a 2 year old and recommend it. Originally planned to stay 3 nights and extended our stay it was so wonderful and relaxing. The six fales are all absolute beach front, well spaced, and surrounded by grass. Good size, in good condition, with electric lights and mosquito nets. We wandered along the beach at Manase and felt very lucky to be at Tailua. Hosts (Ina and Titi) were welcoming and helpful, even helping with the kids while we ate. Food was better than expected – breakfasts of fresh fruit, eggs and toast. Dinner was plentiful, decent, and lots of fresh veges. Help-yourself bananas. There’s no website or email booking, but don’t be put off by the extra difficulty factor – we booked by email through Sita at Raci’s Beach Club and it all went like clockwork. Exceptional good value. BTW the pizza from the Italian pizza place near Le Lagoto is great. If you call and order (at Raci’s or ask Ina/Titi) they will deliver for 5 tala. I was concerned about this style of accommodation with kids, but it was perfect. Andd the absolute beachfront, food etc was better than several of the resorts we visited (e.g. le lagoto). Manase a very pretty village, good beach (high tide swimming much better than low tide), recommend over Lano.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

We were at Tailua for 3 nights. These are open Fales right on the Beach and we generally we prefer this type of vacation. However, they are right beside the road with no security but the family does live right across the street. You eat at their Fale and they were all wonderful and very friendly.

Breakfast and Dinner was included and the food was great and the portions generous. Definitely great value here. Raci's Beach Club and Bar is right next door and this too is a great spot. The beach is wonderful here, but there can be strong currents if you are not careful. Even during low tide there is good swimming. The snorkeling along this beach is very good.

This is quite a small operation so they have no web site. We ended up going to Raci's Beach Club web site and called them. Rene and Zita who own Raci's are lovely and they very helpful assisting us with booking our Fale.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

Although only two reviews could be found on the Tailua Beach fales, I was impressed by what the past reviewers had to say and by the photos provided of the fales. After spending two nights at Tailua Beach fales, I can honestly say that I'm glad that I did go ahead and make a booking with this Beach fale and not one of the more popular Beach fales in Savaii.

Tailua Beach Fales is run by a local family and consists of only six fales, we booked four of the six and had the place to ourselves. The fales are very clean, large in size, surrounded by grass which I personally think this great to keeping sand out of your fale. Tailua Beach fale is situated on a quiet strip of Manase Beach, water was beautiful, view just amazing. Toilets and showers clean.

If I had the time I definately would of spent longer at Tailua Beach Fales. The Hostess is very friendly, and helpful. They provide breakfast and dinner in the cost and the portions are very big, and the food very tasty.

I would not hesitate going back and highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

When i came to Tailua, i thought i would stay for 1 or 2 nights. I ended up staying for 12 nights. Does this say enough?
Ina and Titi made me feel like their family, they even took me and a fellow traveler to a bingo night! the great food, the warmheartedness, and the most wonderful fales on the most wonderful spot make you not want to go back again.

And I must say: it was the most wonderful sport i ever went snorkeling! right out there by the reef. easy to swim to.

I'm writing this piece right after the Tsunami. If anyone knows how Ina, the kids and their family are doing, could you please respond here?

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stayed at Tailua beach fales which is located next door to Vacations on Manase Beach. Titi is the owner and probably one of the nicest ladies I have ever met.
There are 6 fales in total all beachfront with grass around the fales (that is what you want!) My toddler would often play on the grass in the shade which I liked, and less sand in your fale! All fales are open, with woven drop down sides. Their fales are huge! Thick comfortable mattresses, lots of pillows and mosquito net. I just loved these fales!!! You feel as though there is no one else around you. To be honest I wouldn’t have wanted to stay in enclosed fales after staying at these. When it rains you can lie on your mattress and you still feel open with magnificent views, and of course those cool sea breezes when you sleep!
It has a light and the middle fale has a plug point (I know that all will have plug points eventually). However the family will recharge your camera for you.
The fales are quiet, only one other couple were staying with us for the first couple days. They don’t advertise, apparently Tailua have been going for 3 years but only 3 months ago they put up their sign! It looks like they have their regulars, whom stay there purely because it is quiet and the food is lovely. There are showers and toilets on both sides, so we had showers and toilets to ourselves. Always water, good pressure and always clean. There is an outside basic shower where you can rinse off the sea water.
The food is the best!! Ina does the cooking and everyday we had something different but cooked beautifully. Plenty fruit and veges. They even made separate little meals for my toddler. Apparently Tailua is known for their food! And plenty of it!
Talla is the security guard and patrols at night and when we eat. He also does tours around the island in his big seater van if you like. You see him early in the morning picking up leaves and keeping the beach top standard. He is just the friendliest person. You eat your meals in the family fale (which I absolutely loved!!) It is a traditional dining fale, on their property. The other resorts had restaurants, whereas these fales you were eating at their home. We really looked forward to our breakfasts and dinners, as we would all talk for ages, about their culture, I learnt so much, something I would never have gained sitting in a western style restaurant set up. At the end of our stay there, Talla gave a heart warming speech as most of us were leaving the next day, we all felt as though we were one big family.
Ina makes a divine Pina calada in a coconut, delicious.
At 60 Tala a night incl breakfast and dinner and the best hospitality!! Just the nicest people and most humble of people. I loved the family atmosphere of Tailua, the friends we made with the other tourists and of course the family. On our last day we all hugged and said our teary good-byes. I just don’t think you would get this at the larger resorts. Thanks to Titi, Ina and Talla.
I definitely recommend Tailua for families, couples, singles and for those on a budget! Oh and the beach is amazing!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Tailua Beach Fales? Share your experiences!