“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plants and White Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banos
Plants and White Hostel
You added Plants and White Hostel to your Saves list
12 de Noviembre y Luis A Martinez, Banos, Ecuador   |
Ranked #12 of 41 Specialty Lodging in Banos
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Best hostel I stayed at in Ecuador! Extremely clean, very friendly staff, free wifi and free internet available on two computers, and good breakfast! Located in a good part of town, right in the center of Banos. I recommend it to everyone visiting Banos, however do be aware that the rooms vary greatly. While my boyfriend and I shared a huge spacious room full of windows, my friend got stuck with a tiny room where there was little room to move.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We have stayed in the hostel for 3 nights, at the beginning we were reluctant to stay there as some of the bad reviews but then we thought that maybe it was simply someone ´s bad luck....but no!!!!!!
Our camera and iPod has been stolen by he staff!!!! probably by the cleaners.
If you decide to stay there, keep ALL (laptops, iPods, cameras, phones) your precious stuff ALWAYS with you.
The management is not helpful at all and extremely slow in their response.

We will never stay in any of the hostel if the reviews mentioning the thefts!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

This hostel has very friendly staff, and a fantastic roof terrace with views over the hills. The cafe on the terrace serves incredible breakfasts, including fruit salads, pancakes, fresh fruit juices... (not included) - probably the best breakfasts we've had in South America. The rooms are spacious and light, and very clean, and the bathrooms were excellent. The only downside was the plastic bed protectors on the beds...
Very nice, chilled out place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Plantas y Blanco was our favourite hostel on our recent 10 week trip to Ecuador. I stayed there on 3 separate occasions. The roof terrace cafe has great views and serves really fab breakfasts - gorgeous wholemeal breads from the bakery next door with wonderful strawberry jam, huge fruit salads, lovely fresh juices, pancakes and more. The steam bath is a unique and hilarious experience. I don't want to spoil the fun by describing it too closely - suffice it to say, prepare for surprises.
If you don't fancy the steam bath, just down the road is a lovely scenic spa bath by a waterfall. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the location is very good. A great place to hang out, whether you're travelling on you own or with friends or partner.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here one night in a room on the ground level. It did not have any windows that opened an was right next to 3 shared showers, so the room was humid and stuffy all day and night. At night they shut metal shutters over the windows in the room so it feels like a prison.

The next day we moved to the Princesa Maria and were happy.

• Stayed March 2011
Baden, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Some weeks ago I stayed in Plantas y Blanco in Baños for only one night. The hostel seems to be nice but after my arrivel they have stolen my netbook, my camera and my ipod out of my locked private room. As I talked to the Management they were not surprised at all and they just told me, that it is not possible that it happend in their hostal... blablabla. It was so angry because I knew that only someone from the hostal has the key to open the door. Nothing was broken and I closed everything properly.

A week later I met a guy, who stayed in Plantas y Blanco as well and they have stolen his watch and his friend 160 US-Dollar....

So, don't go to Plantas y Blanco if you like to keep your belongings.

Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Zuerich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

A good friend of mine stayed in this hotel. She was out of the room for 1 hour to get something to eat and when she came back her camera and her laptop were gone and the room was locked again. The hotel didn't really try to help her and went to the police before she could.

Other travellers told me that they lost 50 $ in their room...

I would never recommend this hostel! There are much better ones in banos!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Plants and White Hostel? Share your experiences!