“Awesome guides and incredibly safe; Canyoning is a MUST do!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 32 Activities in Banos
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Highly trained guides offer extreme sports such as canyoning, rapeling, abseiling, white water rafting, mountain climbing, Amazon Jungle tours, horses, mountain biking, paragliding, and zipline. Motorcycle, Jeeps, and buggies for rent.
Pasadena, California
“Awesome guides and incredibly safe; Canyoning is a MUST do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

It's hard to decide which company to use to do which activity in Banos (because there is about 5 different ones on every street), but MTS was INCREDIBLE! Rene, the owner, was really great. My Spanish isn't perfect but we both used Spanglish and he showed me videos and pictures of other canyoning groups and I was sold. I showed up early the following day and 30 minutes later they were getting me suited up for my canyoning adventure. Rene and our other guide, Javier, taught us how to repel down the canyon using their wall just outside their strore and I felt prepared before we even got to the falls. MTS is the ONLY company in Banos to have this practice wall, fyi. The trip was great, I loved the guides (Javier was a total cutie!) and I would recommend this company to everyone!

Visited June 2013

Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
“Safe and Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went to baños a lot of times in the year i was living in Ecuador.
I did a lot of activities at a few agencies... But when i went to MTS adventures i never went to another place anymore..
You can do a lot of activities here, they have good and safe equipement and the guids know very well what they are doing. Safety is very important in activities like this, and i saw all the guys working very hard on this, and checking everything all the time. But besides the safetyness it was very much fun to do the activities with the guides.. They are very nice, and funny! I will recommend you to go here to book all the crazy fabulous stuff you can do in Baños dont miss out on canyoning, rafting, biking, visiting the treehouse, go horsebackriding... Well take a week... and take advantage off everything this wonderfull place has to offer!! :)

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

So much fun! I am afraid of heights so this was definitely an adventure for me. Before we left, we practiced techniques on a rock climbing wall and that helped a lot. They teach you everything you need to know for about 45 minutes before you leave and are very patient. The guides were super helpful and friendly the whole way. They provided all of the equipment (wetsuits, shoes, ropes) and we also got a CD with videos and pictures of us going down each waterfall. Even though I am afraid of heights (my friends peer pressured me into this one) I felt very safe and secure going down each waterfall and I never felt like I was going to fall/get hurt. It was so much fun and i would definitely do it again!

Visited August 2013
“Definitely a highlight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Kind, welcoming and knowledgeable staff make you feel prepared and excited to take on the challenge of canyoning in Baños. It is one of the experiences I will never forget about Ecuador!

Visited July 2013
“Do it! They are the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Amazing place!! Great service, great guides and great tours!! They know what they are doing and are good at it! Do not miss this! If you want great adventure?! - Go with these guys.

Visited March 2013