“Natural paradise in the middle of beautiful Baños!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Samari Spa Resort

You added Samari Spa Resort to your Saves list
Samari Spa Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Av. de las Amazonas | kM 1 via al Puyo, Banos 2000, Ecuador   |
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Banos
Toronto, Canada
“Natural paradise in the middle of beautiful Baños!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Samari is by far the best spa resort in Baños. Hospitality was excellent and bedrooms were ridicuously clean! I highly recommend this amazing place to anyone visiting Baños! and food was delicious, offering a wide range variety in Ecuadorian cuisine which puts the cherry on top on one's trip! It's a paradise I tell you! As if this was not enough, installations and infrastructure are breathtaking!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Samari Resort has been the best choice I did during my last holidays. The place is absolutely amazing. Actually it is much better than it looks in pictures. From the entrance to the last corner the place is full of beautiful details. The service was excellent all the time, I had to have earlier breakfast one day and they helped me without any objection and every night I found the table lamps on at the room and a hot water bag under the blankets to warm the bed plus a delicious nut covered with chocolate on my pillow.

I had a beautiful room with fireplace, Jacuzzi and a little rest room with view to the river. The way from the room to the front desk was full of beautiful places to stop and make pictures including a piano and peacocks. The pool and the spa area is beautiful at day and night. Definitely it is a place to enjoy full time with your couple or your family, it is unforgettable. I will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Banos, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Samari Spa Resort is an amazing place, where you can enjoy a lot of pleasures as relaxing, have adventure, taste wonderful food, an excellent staff, comfortable rooms, everything, it is a place that you love at the first time and you would love to come back or never leave, I just love the spa, especially the treatment “Purificacion en la Montaña” I am relax, I enjoy it. Thanks for everything. Congrats. Continue being wonderful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Riobamba, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

samari undoubtedly have quality attention, their green areas and rooms convey the peace I search to clear the mind relaxation and pamper my body needed in their spa,excellent attention and delicious food, worthy to be a 5 star hotel

whit the full conviction of back

Room Tip: the suites are so beatifull but any room of this hotel will be comfortable
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The SPA resort is WONDERFUL and very relaxing. The food is great and they offer typical Ecuadorian food.

There is a beautiful swimming pool where you can enjoy time as a family and couple. Green are also available for playing (nice football field) or taking walks.

If you go as a couple it is very romantic and you can enjoy each other in many different ways (SPA, walks, around a nice meal, at the bar, swimming pool, parting in Baños and so on).

The rooms are nice, big and clean. The toilets have a very relaxing ambiance, and the beds are just wonderful, so soft!

If you arrive by a car, there is no problem because you can always find a parking place in the hotel.

It is easy to get into central Baños and the hotel staff can help you organize fun trips into the Ecuadorian Jungle, rafting in the Baños river, walks, and so on.

I liked Samari so much that I have been there more than once (as a couple, with family and with friends) and each time has been a different and great experience. The staff is also very good and helpful.

I really recommend Samari for any kind of trip (family, couple, solo, or friends) and we won´t be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PAULINAGALLEGOS, Propietario at Samari Spa Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Sara,

Thank you very much for your kind and detailed review. We are pleased to know that you have had an excellent stay at Samari Spa Resort

We look forward to welcoming you again in your house in Banos, Samari Spa Resort, for an even more enjoyable stay. I remain at your entire disposal for any assistance you might require.

Kindest Regards
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were a little reluctant to book given some poor reviews but the women we liaised with by email managed to convince us they were unfounded and reassured us on a few key points. One key concern we had was to ensure we were able to arrange through the hotel our onward journey to Guayaquil to catch our flight to Galapagos. She assured us they could help us when we arrived and we relied on that promise. On arrival we were very impressed with the property - it is gorgeous and beautifully maintained but that's where it stops. We arrived hungry after a long journey and were ushered into the cafe. We ordered and waited and waited. First the drinks took forever then my meal arrived. Luckily I shared it with my partner as his never arrived. There was continual confusion over meals our entire stay and even when we pointed our selection out to the waitress from the menu they got it wrong every time. The room itself was gorgeous and bathroom lovely too though there was not adequate lighting in any room - bathroom was the worst. Nice touches with chocolates on the pillow etc as you would expect for a high end resort. Back to the transfer -on check in we were told the woman I would need to speak to that I had been emailing would be in later. The next morning we asked again - still not there but would be soon. This meant we waited around as the transfer was critical for our onward flight. We continued to ask for assistance and were now being abruptly told no - no one could help us. We were finally told the manager had arrived but could not be found which was outrageous as she was avoiding us! Finally the only helpful person the entire trip was a guy on the late night reception who when we explained our situation (again) called and arranged a taxi directly to Guayaquil for the next morning. We do not understand why no one could help us and it was not because the request was "lost in translation" . We had no phone so needed their help. The next morning the woman I had dealt with originally finally spoke to us by phone and apologised and offered us free massages or another night free! We were leaving in less than an hour so this was totally useless compensation for ruined, stressful and wasted and expensive two nights in Banos. We have never had such a terrible experience with a hotel and the management really needs to be questioned. The resort itself is stunning - staff and service worst we have ever had.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I booked in for a 2 hour Samari Experience yesterday - a 1 hour massage and a 1 hour facial. I arrived at 2pm as arranged. The massage did not start until 2.20Opm and ended at 2.55. I looked at the clock in the room as I thought it felt quick! The facial lasted an hour. Both were ok but nothing special, and I felt there was a lack of attention to detail. My therapist did not tell me her name and didn't ask mine. She yawned quite a lot during the massage! She left the room a lot during the facial. When I told the man at the desk that the massage was only 35-40 minutes he was pleasant enough and rang the therapist who told him it started at 2pm! Rubbish! Not good for a place that is marketing itself as top end to deliver less than impressive service and have staff who lie about it when challenged. Underwhelming.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Samari Spa Resort? Share your experiences!