I lived in Colombia for seven years, and now live in Chile. We recently returned to Colombia for a holiday and it was a unanimous decision as a family to head back out to the Sochagota, We had previously stayed there around four times in the past.
What is it about the Sochagota that makes us go back.....
1. Location: overlooking Sochagota Lake, the hotel is surrounded by woods and is a few minutes by car outside the town of Paipa.
2. Thermal waters. Without doubt, the best night's sleep follows several hours in the warm, mineral laden waters which make Paipa such a popular destination.
3. Spa. The best mud massage we have ever had. Our 7 year old daughter even tried a massage here, which was, in her own words, "delicious".
4. Restaurant. The food is locally sourced, fresh, and tasty. The menu is basic but incredibly tasty - fish, chicken and beef cooked in a variety of sauces or straight on the grill.
5. Service. My wife has been a client of the Sochagota since she was a girl, travelling with her family. The same people who served her then still work in the hotel. The service is friendly, honest, and always polite. Jorge, the horse riding guide, remembered my daughter from previous visits, and took the time to explain the local flora to her while we were riding.
6. Activities. Horse riding, tennis, kids play park, therma waters, bicycles, watersports, walking, visiting local art and crafts shops, eating local foods.
The Sochagota is a simple place for families seeking to spend time together. The next time we are in Colombia, we'll be heading back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Classic and elegant Sochagota Hotel stands up its architecture in contemporary style and privileged location, at a hill, in front of the lake that gives its name . It offers a multicolored mountain landscapes, which recreates the beauty of the Tourist Zone of Paipa.The thermo-mineral pool of the Hotel is one of the most famous of the region, fed by streams coming directly from the springs, which provides a natural and relaxing massage , maintaining the ideal temperature all year round, that aloud to enjoy day and night.The Sochagota Hotel offers 64 accommodations, 43 standard rooms, two suites and 19 cabins, The cottages have living-rooms with a fireplace, two bed-rooms, two bathrooms, private pool of thermo-mineral water and a large balcony, where you could have breakfast outdoors, appreciating the landscape.The Sochagota SPA has the best thermal resources and therapies that drive your body and mind, into harmonious balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Sochagota Paipa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.