“3 Day Trekking in Tierra del Fuego -Compañía de Guias” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 35 Activities in Ushuaia
Leicester, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“3 Day Trekking in Tierra del Fuego -Compañía de Guias”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I would have no hesitation in recommending the services of Compañía de Guias in general and Luis Turi in particular. I have just completed a wonderful 3 day trek (Oveja Valley to Laguna del Caminante, Superior Valley to Mount Falso Tonelli and Laguna del Caminante to Ushuaia via Andorra Valley). Luis is extremely knowledgeable of the track, which, as you can’t see large parts of it is extremely useful, as well as the geology and flaura and fauna of the area. A certified guide Luis set an appropriate pace and speaks good English. We decided to explore a different route on the way back to Laguna del Caminante and I agreed to this as I have complete confidence of Luis’s knowledge of the area and his ability as a guide. As a result of this taking this route back I can say that I have seen views of Superior Valley that very few others apart from guanaco and puma have seen and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been with a guide who inspires that level of confidence

Compañía de Guias provide the tent, cooking and eating utensil, sleep mat and all the

Visited January 2013

Scotts Valley, California
“Compania de Guias Sierra Valdivieso Circuit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I recently came down to Ushuaia for a week and was looking to do some trekking in the dead of winter. I found Compania de Guias' Sierra Valdivieso Circuit webpage, which stated the trek can be done year round with their guides. I contacted them, and received a prompt response from Luis, the man behind the whole show. He was very accommodating of my schedule, and even more so the fact that I was a single traveler. Most of the other guide companies I talked to did not have his degree of flexibility and weren't willing to do single client treks. Anyways, after getting to Ushuaia, Luis and I met up for a sort of pre-trip briefing. All the details regarding the trip were made very clear, and Luis was kind enough to let me borrow some of his gear for free.
The trek itself was amazing. It was a total of 4 days. Views were wonderful, and since it was winter, we snowshoed nearly the whole way. Luis packs a whole lot of food for you--he has pretty good taste--and he cooks for you too during the trip. Luis was also very willing to tailor the trek to my interests. i.e. On the second day we were making good time, and so we ended up deciding to take an extra detour through Five Lagoons Valley, as opposed to going straight towards Fagnano Lake after crossing the Beban Pass.
In the evening of the third day, we arrived on the shores of Lake Fagnano and spent the night at a hosteria owned by a guy called Alejandro. Alejandro pretty much built the whole place himself. It's super cozy, nice after 3 days in the mountain cold, and he serves up baller Argentine style steak. On the fourth day, we got up, had breakfast, and walked around the lakeshore area for a bit, before Alejandro personally transferred us out by Zodiac. Luis's wife then picked us up in their family car further down the lake, braving the horrid winter conditions. Returned to Ushuaia around 4pm on the fourth day.
All in all, an excellent experience that was really the highlight of my trip down to not just Ushuaia, but South America. Luis knows his stuff and definitely takes care of you well. He's a great guy and really easy to get along with. Ditto for his wife. Definitely would recommend Luis and Compania de Guias to anyone looking for a guide to not just the Sierra Valdivieso Circuit, but any trekking/adventure-related activities in the Tierra del Fuego area.

Visited August 2012