“Convenient hotel at the quiet end of town” 3 of 5 stars

Villa Brescia Hotel
Av. San Martin, 1299, Ushuaia, Argentina   |
Ranked #34 of 55 Hotels in Ushuaia
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Convenient hotel at the quiet end of town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel before and after an Antarctic Cruise in March, 2014. It is towards the western end of Av San Martin, away from the main busy areas of the town. Rooms are quite small but cosy and warm. Wi-fi is free and of a decent strength. The breakfast area is quite large but do be prepared to share the large tables at busy times. Staff are friendly and speak English. The hotel is actually much larger than it appears from the frontage and there is a pleasant lobby area with seating. Close to the hotel is a good supermarket selling reasonably priced, decent wine which is much better value than can be found in many of the other shops in Ushuaia. We ate at El Turco, just west of the hotel on the same street. This is excellent value and fills up at lunch and in the evening with the locals, so get there early.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms close to the stairs as it can get quite noisy early and late. Don't choose th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great location, near awesome restaurants and has a great breakfast. I had a wonderful time with my friends there doing snowboard and skiing. The rooms are clean. The only point is: we do have to rent a car to go to the mountain. It is almost 20 minutes driving. But, that is not a big issue.

• Stayed July 2013
Meise
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were travelling for our honey moon through Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego. We spent two days in Ushuaia in this hotel. The hotel is clean, the personel at the hotel desk speaks English (which is rare in Argentina), and breakfast is normal. Unfortunately, our room was horrible. We were sleeping next to the room where the heater was. Not only was this heater set on 28° Celsius, he was also making a terrible noise, like if a jumbo jet was taking off. After informing the staff, the heater was set lower, but they refused to give us another room.

Room Tip: Do not take the rooms on the second floor at the front of the hotel, because they are very noisy due...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice, for two days before sailing to Antarctica and two days upon my return. I had requested a "good" room before going and found myself on the fourth floor in a comfortable room that was reasonably spacious and had a nice view. On the return I had a room on the first floor overlooking the street level. While the rooms were comparably sized, the experience was quite different. Hotel service staff were pleasant and kind. I only ate breakfast at the hotel which was good (not great). The eggs at the buffet were cold so I requested that they cook me some hot scrambled eggs which they eventually did after a little coaxing by me. The hotel is centrally located and just a stones throw away from the center of the small town which was nice. All in all, I would stay here again as it was reasonably priced and an adequate hotel.

Room Tip: Call in advance and ask for a hotel on one of the upper floors!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Stayed here for only one night, thankfully. The room was tiny and very basic.
Food was very basic, would recommend eating here.

Asking the hotel staff for tourist advice was useless. I had some really difficult questions like where to go, what to see and how to get there... all couldn't be answered.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Gatineau Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Our tiny room was overlooking a neighbour's private dump. The room was so small you could hardly put your suitcases down.This hotel was booked as part of a tour. I would never have chosen that place. Even if it's on main street you don't have the nice views the hotels near the port have. The breakfast was O.K. but supper was terrible.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

For starters, I have to admit that I was comp'd this hotel by Aerolineas Argentinas after having my flight home canceled, so I can not speak to the matter of "value" for this hotel. That said, I've got to say I was very happy with my stay at the Villa Brescia. Though my room was certainly a bit smaller than the room I had stayed in earlier during my trip to Ushuaia, the room at Villa Brescia was certainly more up to date and more than adequate for me and my 2 big suitcases. The food in the attached restaurant was very good (I ate both dinner and breakfast there, again compliments of Aerolineas), the room was very clean, and though I didn't see much of the staff, the few people I did run into were very friendly.

The only downsides I saw to this hotel were the shower (a complaint I had throughout my entire trip to Argentina) and a window that didn't open (perhaps a good thing as the hotel borders the main street). Otherwise, thank you AA for giving me another great night in Ushuaia!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Villa Brescia Hotel? Share your experiences!