After the shock of the distance from the airport, the hotel was a welcome sight. When the driver turned off on to gravel roads, we were a little worried, but the hotel was great. The gravel roads needn't have worried us it appears to be the norm in El Calafate. We were given a large room on the corner which was excellent. The staff were extremely helpful in arranging tours to the glaciers and recommendations for downtown.
Downtown is about 15 minutes walk from the hotel which is annoying when it is raining, but pleasant enough normally. The downtown area has lots of shops, restaurants, etc and it is very safe to walk around at night. (Take a flashlight if you intend to walk home from the town at night).
Breakfast is buffet and perfectly adequate. On day trips, a "boxed lunch" can be provided - at a price which are OK. On the glacier boats, it is advisable to take one of these, but not necessary for the trip to Perito Moreno glacier as there are facilities there.
The local parrilla (recommended by hotel) was excellent and only a short walk from the hotel although free shuttle bus is available).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Brand new hosteria is the place of choice for visitors to El Calafate. Come to Hosteria Puerto San Julian. All you need to bring is your dream of a wonderful vacation...We'll take care of everything else for you. ROOMS: spacious and sunny rooms with cable TV, private bath and hair drier. SERVICE: personalized attention. Bilingual personnel. Tour assistance. Internet Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hosteria Puerto San Julian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Puerto San Julian Hotel El Calafate
- Hosteria Puerto San Julian El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia