We stayed for three nights, and for paying in cash, secured an upgrade to a huge corner rooms with wondeful views in two directions. Gaston and his staff were super helpful, and arranged our Big Ice trek for us, amongst answering various other queries.
The hotel is on a hill about ten minutes walk from the main street, and apparently there are taxis if you don't fancy the walk. Our room had a safe and good wifi. Breaksfast helpfully started at 6.30 to allow for the many tours which depart from 7am and included fruit salad as well as cereal and the standard bread products which was good.
Our room and bathroom were clean with fresh towels as requested.
The only downside I can think of which is a shame is that I was looking forward to soaking in the tub promised on the website, after 10 weeks travelling and a lot of hiking in the recent days. Unfortunately though, the bath surrounds were rotten with the black mould you can get in bathrooms so we couldn't face it for more than a shower. Dissapointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Brand new hosteria is the place of choice for visitors to El Calafate. Come to Hosteria Puerto San Julian. All you need to bring is your dream of a wonderful vacation...We'll take care of everything else for you. ROOMS: spacious and sunny rooms with cable TV, private bath and hair drier. SERVICE: personalized attention. Bilingual personnel. Tour assistance. Internet Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hosteria Puerto San Julian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Puerto San Julian Hotel El Calafate
- Hosteria Puerto San Julian El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia