My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting the glaciers. We were very pleased with the room and nice bathroom. It was an exceptional place for the price -- 4 nights for around $350 USD. Also, the concierge was wonderful at arranging our trips and printing out our vouchers for us.
The hotel is up a hill from town, and is an easy 7 minute walk from the main street. After dinner, we were usually lazy and got a cab to get back, which was extremely cheap and easy to get.
Due to the flight schedule, we ended up staying in El Calafate for 4 nights, though I only recommend 2-3 nights to see the glaciers. El Calafate has likely lost lots of its charm given its shops/restaurants are so focused on selling to tourists.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Puerto San Julian Hotel El Calafate
- Hosteria Puerto San Julian El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Brand new hosteria is the place of choice for visitors to El Calafate. Come to Hosteria Puerto San Julian. All you need to bring is your dream of a wonderful vacation...We'll take care of everything else for you. ROOMS: spacious and sunny rooms with cable TV, private bath and hair drier. SERVICE: personalized attention. Bilingual personnel. Tour assistance. Internet Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hosteria Puerto San Julian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.