intimate, with only 17 rooms, EOLO felt like a warm extended family home. the staff even remembers your name!
the common spaces and lounges were very inviting and lovely. with telescopes, coffeetable books, board games, and reading material on all things Patagonia.
the only drawback was that my visit coincided with the unseasonally hot summer. and i was upgraded to the superior room in a corner, which somehow, was much warmer than the standard room, with only one side of the wall (with the window) exposed to the elements. as most (or all) hotels in Patagonia had no air-conditioning, my room felt like a sauna well until the sun had set, and only managed to fall asleep at 1am. only had a small fan to cool the room, which was of no help at all.
the room was extremely comfortable, and inviting, and the big windows beckons one to the wild expanse of space outside... the bathroom large and airy, although the only window next to the bath/shower seemed to attract an army of aphid-like insects, definitely not for the squeamish. spoiled by the l'occitane bath amenities.
dinner was exceptional. had the chance to try out the famous Patagonian lamb, and a dessert made with the Calafate berries... similar to blueberries, except more tart in taste. breakfast items cooked to order however, was rather disappointing, and was served poached eggs on toast.
EOLO is a gorgeous slice of luxury in a barren landscape, with very personal and intimate service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EOLO – Patagonia´s Spirit is located within an “estancia” of 4,000 hectares (10,000 acres) between El Calafate, Argentina, and the Perito Moreno glacier. With only 17 suites, it offers the most exclusive accommodation of the area with a remarkably complete experience, affording a comfortable and luxurious window onto Patagonian life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eolo - Patagonia`s Spirit Hotel El Calafate
- EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit El Calafate, Argentina