We saw EOLO for the first time 7 years ago and since then we have been thinking of visiting. Booked directly with them and got tips and directions and help to design our 4 day stay from the Buenos Aires office. The "estancia" is located 15km away from the town of Calafate in a small hill overlooking mountains, Lago Argentino. Views are breathtaking from every corner.
Service is impeccable.
All personnel is always ready to say "yes" to your requests, help you in deciding what is best in terms of tours, places to visit and ready to help you in every possible way.
Food is a completely outstanding chapter. Being Relais & Chateaux you can trust this is a key aspect of your stay. Restaurant waiters, personnel know every detail of the menu and were always ready to offer our kids a wide selection of healthy food.
I will agree with some guests that have indicated that breakfast choice could be larger, but to us, it did not make any difference.
I would suggest that you allow at least 1 full day to relax in EOLO. Enjoy just being there, doing nothing, or walking, riding a bike, horseback riding, enjoying the view from the living room, going for a stroll or hike alone or with the guide, etc.
Breath deeply and enjoy one of the most beautiful corners of the world.
I don´t share any photos since the ones already in the reviews are true and they are nothing in comparison to being in that place.
Some practical tips in EOLO.
1-No cell phone coverage except for Claro. If you have Personal or Movistar, you are out of luck. Check your coverage while you are in Buenos Aires where you can get a Claro SIM card if you do need your mobile phone. Don´t know if you can get a Claro SIM card in town.
2-Wi-Fi is widely available in the hotel and speed is good, allowing you to use Skype, Whatsapp, Facetime and other messaging/conference systems.
3-Phone coverage only in Calafate and the Glaciar.
4-Outgoing calls to Argentina are free from the room, reception, and you can use their wireless handsets.
5-Room: We were in room 13 with our kids. Large room, large bathroom, nice amenities, nice and simple decor, very Patagonia style. No TV in the room (who needs it??). Very comfortable beds. For our taste the pillows were a tad firm.
6-Kids: We travelled with our 3 year old and 10 month old and thought they would not "fit". We were wrong. They prepared a bed and a cot, had high chairs, and personnel was familiar with handling kids. They even stayed with our 10 month old for 2 hours while we went horseback riding! A nice gesture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EOLO – Patagonia´s Spirit is located within an “estancia” of 4,000 hectares (10,000 acres) between El Calafate, Argentina, and the Perito Moreno glacier. With only 17 suites, it offers the most exclusive accommodation of the area with a remarkably complete experience, affording a comfortable and luxurious window onto Patagonian life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eolo - Patagonia`s Spirit Hotel El Calafate
- EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit El Calafate, Argentina