we stayed for 3 nights in November '11 and loved every minute! It is far away from everything but thats the whole point/experience of it. I can understand the other reviews saying its too far away etc, but you stay there knowing that. the land/estancia are just fab. we did horse riding on 2 days enjoying every minute of it. the view of the glacier from their land is unforgettable. There are no TVs, there is internet access...but its a perfect place to go, relax, eat/drink, read a book and explore and learn about the area.
The rooms are perfect, hot showers, clean, comfortable what else do you need?! The food on 2/3 days was good, we would have liked some BBQ'd food/meat at some stage but we were not hungry any day!
Frederico and Tamara who manage the guest house are a credit to it and will go out of their way for you.
all in all, if youre looking for somewhere peaceful, relaxing and special this is the spot!
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Alta Vista Hotel El Calafate
- Hosteria Alta Vista Hotel
- Hosteria Alta Vista El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostería Alta Vista is located in Estancia Anita, one of greatest extension in the region, with 28,000 sheeps and 75,000 hectares. 45 Km away from the Perito Moreno Glacier and 30 Km away from El Calafate. Incomparable landscape that surrounds its, summarizes the geography of the Patagonia: the mountain range of the Andes, the immense steppes, lakes, forests and majestic glaciers. The Hostería has horses and mountain bikes. ... more less