Alta Vista is part of a working farm and feels more like someones home than a hotel and is in the midlle of nowhere. This is either a big plus or a big minus and for me the single most important factor to consider when choosing this hotel.
- 30km closer to the Moreno Glacier than El Calafate
- friendly staff
- There is no opportunity to eat anywhere else unless you want to drive or get a taxi to El Calafate
- Food is expensive and there is no choice, you get what they are serving that night
- Food quality is at best average but considering what you are paying for it has to be rated as poor.
- Cheapest bottle of wine is $28 (US)
Summary, OK for one night due to its location. However, if you can handle the extra 30 mins travelling each way stop in El Calafate.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Alta Vista Hotel El Calafate
- Hosteria Alta Vista Hotel
- Hosteria Alta Vista El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostería Alta Vista is located in Estancia Anita, one of greatest extension in the region, with 28,000 sheeps and 75,000 hectares. 45 Km away from the Perito Moreno Glacier and 30 Km away from El Calafate. Incomparable landscape that surrounds its, summarizes the geography of the Patagonia: the mountain range of the Andes, the immense steppes, lakes, forests and majestic glaciers. The Hostería has horses and mountain bikes. ... more less