Choose instead from several around with better management.
My first room, 223, smelled of mildew with a carpet too dirty to walk on barefoot which I remedied by placing bath towels end to end. Unable to feel safe on ground floor with the windows open, I fretted an hour before being so irritated by the foul odor, I gave up and moved to 228. This room smelled better but again, dirty carpet. Another of my pet peeves - the lack of a washable mattress pad- I solved by remaking the bed with the spare blanket under the sheet.
Breakfast was the very worst during two weeks in Chile and Argentina, for instance, only two one liter carafes of coffee for many tables.
A long walk from excellent downtown restaurants, the hotel will refund your taxi fare with a receipt.
WiFi available in the lobby.
But do visit El Calafate. Moreno Glacier is spectacular!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 6 blocks from downtown El Calafate, Kau Yatun Hotel & Estancia brings you closer to the history of the pioneers of the Patagonia Argentina. From the hand of the protagonists, stories and customs will make you understand even better the magic of this wonderful place enjoying the comforts of a 4-star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Kau Yatun Hotel & Estancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kau Yatun Hotel El Calafate
- Kau Yatun El Calafate
- Kau Yatun Hotel & Estancia El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia