We arrived in El Calafate after a 6 hour trip from Buenos Aires with a stop in Ushuaia. I am glad we took that flight because the short stop in the most southern city on Earth was worthwhile. We regreted we didn´t make the arrangements to stay for at least one day since the place is beautiful though extremely windy. Approximately and hour and a half after landing we arrived at Los Notros. The scenery was outstanding and we were guided by a very nice argentinian guy who had left his life in the capital and changed it for a really peaceful environment. The hotel is very nice, small ( about 38 rooms ) rustic, and we had a suite with an outstanding view of the glacier in front of our panoramic window. Rooms, though furnished simply, are comfortable and nice. The bed had a good mattress which allowed a nice sleep. Bathrooms are nice but the shower is tiny with an excellent flow of hot water with very good pressure. Forget about luxury but welcome comfort and the rare gift of silence. Since there is no TV or phone in the bedroom ( there is a satellite phone in the Front Desk for emergencies ) one could really rest and enjoy the view in contemplation. Excursions are well organized and even though some take longer than what you expect, they are worth taking. Food was very nice and well prepared and the menu allows to try a different plate in every meal. Distance and isolation from the nearest town which is El Calafate obliges to eat your three meals there, but we really enjoyed it. We stayed four nights in order to get three full days to visit the glacier and its surroundings and, we consider it was a good choice. Less than that would have meant to hurry and we travelled specifically from Peru to see the Perito Moreno and Upsala glaciers. The place is worth seeing, we fully recommend it. Service in the hotel was very good, staff is attentive and well informed and they really make your vacation nice. They are still missing to provide entertainment while you are resting or simply idling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Los Notros is the only lodge looking out at the Perito Moreno Glacier, gridled by a peerless landscape where only the sounds of nature can be heard. No matter where you may find yourself in this cosy lodge, the majesty of the glacier will always be within view thanks to the privileged of Los Notros and its particularized architectural design. Los Notros has only 32 rooms, all of them with a view of the Glacier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Hosteria Los Notros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Los Notros Hotel El Calafate
- Hosteria Los Notros El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia