This was our second time in charming El Calafate and chose this place because of the positive reviews. We previously had stayed at Hosteria San Julian which was very comfortable. Los Ponchos is a good 15-20min stroll into the centre of town which deterred initial thoughts of staying here, but the service and lovely room with a view made this a worthwhile stay without regret.
There is good wifi, very helpful staff who helped us with bookings to Perito Moreno Glacier and El Chalten transfers, bicycles to ride into town if you want.
A short cab ride into town wasn't too much of a hassle for an evening bite to eat, otherwise there is a very good restaurant nearby called Quidu (staggering distance home).
The resident border collie and local bird life strolling the grounds add a nice touch.
Breakfast is great and having an afternoon beverage, pondering the beauty of Lago Argentine from your pitched roof bedroom makes Los Pochos a warm and charming place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Los Ponchos Apart Boutique Hotel
- Los Ponchos Apart Boutique Hotel El Calafate
- Los Ponchos Apart Boutique El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOS PONCHOS APART BOUTIQUE, is located at 2 km from the downtown of El Calafate, between steppe and glaciers. You can live a unique experience in our cozy rooms, decorated with Hispano-American art pieces that connect the guests to our cultural identity. From the ten wide and comfortable rooms you can enjoy the impressive view of the lake Lago Argentino and admire the beauty of the Patagonic skies. In Los Ponchos we work to make our guests feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Los Ponchos Apart Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.