Admittedly when our driver passed through the small town of El Calafate and kept driving for a few km's, we thought we'd made a mistake on hotel's location, but our stay was so great we were very pleased with this option.
As seen in posted reviews, each gabled roof portion of hotel facade is one of the 8 x 2 floor apartments where you will enjoy some time relaxing around chosen Patagonian activities.
The staff are extremely helpful and genuinely care that you've enjoyed each day and tour. They offer good restaurant suggestions and will call a cab that will arrive within minutes whenever you need it.
Town is about a 40min walk away, or about 25 pesos ($5) in a cab. There is one highly rated restaurant (Quidu) just a stroll down the road, and most tours offer a door to door service. So the distance from town of this hotel is no big deal.
We had an important phone call that needed to be received from Australia and the owner went out of her way to ensure this came through to our room late at night as planned.
The other very pleasing and rare bonus is they offer a same-day laundry service by a big bag at 65 pesos ($12 US or AUD) rather than the usual astronomical hotel prices of that per pair of jeans!
Although extending the hotel at one end (closest to our room #2), we were impressed to see/hear work did not start before 9am each day so as to minimize disruption to guests.
Breakfast tray brought to the room at chosen time (with a 10min notice call when you are ready) was simple continental offerings but felt homely to sit and eat breakfast on first floor rocking chairs overlooking the great view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOS PONCHOS APART BOUTIQUE, is located at 2 km from the downtown of El Calafate, between steppe and glaciers. You can live a unique experience in our cozy rooms, decorated with Hispano-American art pieces that connect the guests to our cultural identity. From the ten wide and comfortable rooms you can enjoy the impressive view of the lake Lago Argentino and admire the beauty of the Patagonic skies. In Los Ponchos we work to make our guests feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Los Ponchos Apart Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Ponchos Apart Boutique Hotel El Calafate
- Los Ponchos Apart Boutique El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia