“Great lamb, more basic surroundings” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 90 Restaurants in El Calafate
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Great lamb, more basic surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The service was really quick when there were about 10 tables full. The tables and cloths were pretty basic, but ok. Menu had some funny English translations, where they translated "beef" as "empty". The lamb was tremendous and quite a lot of it.

Visited November 2012

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Run away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The beef is not fresh, I know beef very well and I can guarantee that what they served to me was frozen before. The bread is a not good option and you pay what it not very common in Argentina. The staff is not enough to delivery the dishes. In summary, run away. It is definetly a good option to eat a good local beef.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“I would fly to El Calafate again just for this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The food was amazing! The staff was very helpful and passionate about their food. We were served by the owner and he was a character. You can see how proud he is with their menu and the quality that they deliver. And in all fairness, he was right! I was the happiest man there with my slab of bbq lamb and my wife had the best salad ever during our trip.

In addition, i was $10 pesos short in paying the bill. I was more than happy to break a $100 note to pay and include a tip but the owner decline. He was happy with the short change which is unheard of in Argentina!

If i won $1m lottery, i know where i will charter my flight to!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ushuaia, Argentina
“All you can eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

In this restaurant, just next to the Casino, you can eat all you can at fixed price, with no drinks included.
There's a good salad-buffet in the middle of the room and you can see the carnicero, preparing the barbecue and smell the meat on it...They will stop serving meat when you say so.

Visited November 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We were referred by our bus driver while arriving into El Calafate. He said we should try it as it was good meat and inexpensive. The first night we headed to Rick's and had the "Tenedor Libre", all you can eat. The salad bar had good options to choose from. The lamb was delicious as was the sausage. The other meats were good too, as I stuck to the sausage becuase I was making Choripan sandwiches. The music was a bit different as it was a bit loud and at one point they were playing heavy metal music. What I did enjoy about the restaurant was that the waiter asked if you were ready to move on to the next meat, once you finished your plate, and if so which meat we preffered. We were able to choose the meat we enjoyed most to continue eating. They open at a reasonable time, which made it convenient because we were extremely hungry by dinner time. I would recommend stopping in and giving Rick's a chance, I think you'll be surprised by what it has to offer.

• Visited May 2012