“Worth the unusual ride” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Bristol
“Worth the unusual ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We took the rough route from Flagstaff, Az. but it was well worth it. The Lodge restaurant was old-town saloon type of place, but it was well reviewed in advance, so we tried it. Great menu selection, friendly staff; reminded me of an oasis in a forest. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Williams, AZ
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had our 6th Anniversary Dinner at the Steak House @ Mormon Lake. The steaks were great and the brownie sundae was to die for.

Visited June 2013
Flagstaff, Arizona
“They really need to work on their service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

After camping in the woods for the Memorial Day weekend, we stopped in there on Monday afternoon, around 2pm - it was my husband's birthday, and he really wanted a steak. The rush was obviously over, and there were lots of tables available, but it took the hostess almost 15 minutes to even acknowledge us. When they finally seated us, it was at the table right on top of the kitchen and the back door. I asked my friend what he'd said to the hostess to get us the worst table in the restaurant, though there were a lot available...the waitress overheard my comment and just snickered. We ordered a drink, and looked at the menu...no steaks except for on the breakfast menu. I asked if we could order the steak & eggs? She said "nope, only lunch". So, we finished our drinks and drove into Flagstaff to eat at El Capitan and had a great meal with wonderful service. I guess because the lodge is the only game in town, they think they don't have to treat their customers well - but I'd rather drive 30 miles and eat somewhere else.

• Visited May 2013
Laguna Beach
“Amazing food miles from nowhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Mikles from nowhere expectations drop... a given.

WRONG! some twenty of us arrived to a friendly greeting, excellent service,
and everyone was very satisfied with a wonderful meal... salad, to BBQ, the food was fresh and carefully prepared. so impressed by this place! you can take the queen here, she will like the food.

The perfectly casual setting was fun, the food was wonderful.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
arizona
“Worst service?.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Location is great. Food runs from good to poor.One time the food is fine the next the cowboy beans taste kinda moldy like they've been left on the counter overnight. Complaints get you nowhere, The staff is consistently rude, unhelpful and incompitent. Ditto the management. On our last visit, one of our party had her dog with her and wanted to know if there was out door seating where we could eat and not leave the dog in the car. She returned after her inquiry so upset that we had to immediately leave. In 40 years this is not the first time I've seen this here. Looks like I'd have learned by now but it is on the way to or from many wonderful sights East of town so I'll drop in every few years or so to see if it's changed, sofar no.

Visited July 2012

Been to Mormon Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mormon Lake Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.