“Amazing hotel outside of Bariloche in an amazing location inside the national park” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tronador

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Carlos de Bariloche
Hotel Tronador
You added Hotel Tronador to your Saves list
Sobre lago Mascardi, ruta provincial 82 | Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi, San Carlos de Bariloche 8400, Argentina   |
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Our family, 3 kids and us came here, starting our Patagonia trip. We chose this hotel based in other reviews. First the rooms are clean and with great views. Tons of activities, great hikes, fishing, great horseback riding. The food is very good and they will also cook your fish. We were here Christmas Eve and te place is fool of locals that come every year.

• Stayed December 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
agoura hills,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I visited hotel Tronador this November and can't even put into words the amazing place this is. It is secluded in the national park 1 1/2 hrs from town ...on lake Mascardi. We felt like we were the only ones here. The attention from the staff was amazing ! They went out of the way to make sure all our activities were planned and we felt at home. Our view from our balcony was breathtaking. The hotel is very clean and the meals were great! We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining room overlooking the lake and mountains. The food was very well thought out and tasted very fresh... Couldn't believe it was all included in the room price. I can't imagine a place so beautiful being so affordable. We went horseback riding for 3 hours to the 3 lagoons and kayaking in lake Mascardi, white water rafting, also went hiking to the cascade. All the activities were so inexpensive. The only regret is that we were only able to spend 3 nights there. I have already planned to come back next year and spend at least one week. I loved the fact that their were other visitors in the hotel but we were taken care of as if we were the only ones. When we went out on horseback we didnt see one other person..it was amazing..the views and colors and lanscape is breathtaking! I really recommend doing the white water rafting down the manso river to the border of Chile...an amazing experience.
My friend and I have traveled many countries but we have to say that Bariloche, hotel Tronador has been on the top of my list. Their is so many activities to do or just sitting on the balcony relaxing and drinking tea. I can't express how grateful I am to Benito and the whole family for making our trip amazing!! See you all soon!!

• Stayed November 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I spent November, 2011 in Argentina and enjoyed four nights in this wonderful family built, owned and run hotel. Since I work pretty hard traveling this quiet gem and it's delicious food were quit a find. The hotel is built on beautiful Lake Tronador. You might want to hike or horse back ride to build enough appetite for the big home grown and prepared meals. I'm a Colorado native and I love mountains and wild places. This area has them in spades.

Room Tip: If you go before late December when the high season starts the hotel is even more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Our two night stay here was a thank you present to my dear husband who came to Bariloche with me so I could study Spanish one-on-one for a month. We so much enjoyed our stay her. Three meals a day are included in the price since they are way out of town and they have a huge garden so most of the fruits and vegetables served are raised by the descendents of the family members that constructed the beautiful wood and stone buildings. We walked to a nearby waterfall our first day and took an adventurous horseback ride the second. It was a highlight at the end of our ride to walk quite a way into the milky, sky-blue water of the lake to look across at the hotel sitting on the opposite shore. Everything here is so photogenic. We loved this place and my thoughts have returned to it many times even though it has been more than a year and a half since our stay in January of 2011. Thank you, dear famiy that runs this hotel, for the beautiful times we spent here with you. Verona and Larry Jacobson

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake have a lovely view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Fantastic setting, lovely hotel. I have nothing much to add to the other reviews - except that if you are driving then you do need to check the road access to the hotel. The last 10km of (dirt) road to the hotel is one way only, and the traffic goes in one direction for various periods of the day. Basically - you can only drive to the hotel in the morning, and drive from the hotel in the afternoon (although I think that before 10.30am and after 7.30pm you can drive either way). The hotel has all the road times listed on its website.

The hotel is very comfortable, but it is very dated! I'm not suggesting this is a bad thing, everything is still very good condition, but it does feel like a bit of a time warp! It's got a 70's feel about it, and you won't find much modern stuff here - which does add to the appeal. But - soup, cheese souffle, and beef stroganoff for dinner! Its like I'm a kid again and my mom is cooking for a dinner party!!

Great service at the hotel, we had a fantastic horse ride and good day out fishing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

What a wonderful retreat! The Nahuel Hapi National park is breathtaking, and to have a hotel like this in the midst of it is such a treat! They have their own dairy and orchards, so food is excellent and very local, i.e., home-made ice cream and pasta. The owners take great pride and are all involved in running the hotel and activities. Nearby hikes are very scenic, fishing is plentiful (i caught 4 and the hotel cooked 2 for us). Activities may be a bit expensive, but the all-in food/ board package of $120/pp per night is a great value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

We Stayed here for nearly a week and loved it. Everyone is so friendly and the location is unbeatable. We saw so much wildlife during our time there and we weren't even looking, the humming birds just amazed us. It is a quirky hotel and out of the way which is reflected in the restaurant standard a bit. Nothing can beat the tranquility though.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Hotel Tronador? Share your experiences!