We stayed at one of the cabins, and really liked it. First, let me start by saying, that the cabins are really clean, the staff is extremely helpful and the grounds are nice.
There were other reviews complaining about the location, but we didn't mind it at all. It is important to know that the hotel is not located in downtown, but a few minutes away. We didn't mind the walk at all, and yes coming back from downtown you have to go up a hill. There is a small market right in front of the hotel where you can get everything you need, there are also other restaurants walking distance so you don't have to go to downtown everyday if you don't want to.
We loved the cabins because they have a little kitchen area fully functional with plates, silverware, pans etc.
The breakfast is served at the hotel, which is a block away from the cabins (less than 3 min walking) and it is good. The basics, but pretty good.
Lastly, we used the rental car company that the girl at the front desk recommended, and it ended up being cheaper than all the options we researched.
Great hotel, clean, good location, and great value!
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sofia Resort And Spa
- Villa Sofia Hotel San Carlos De Bariloche
- Villa Sofia Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Invites you to enjoy a unique experience: exclusive apartments very close to the city center, in harmony with the beauty of nature. The ideal complement to the most emblematic place of Patagonia, where you will admire the marvells of the four colourful seasons. 2 hectares of green space. Fully equipped apartments with hotel service. Swimming-pool, Gym & Spa. City and nature together ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Villa Sofia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.