I was in Bariloche in September 2012 on business and stayed at the Villa Huinid, just after peak season.
The hotel is quite good, though the styling looks aged. It is situated in front of the lake and there are marvelous views of the lake and the Andes from all Westward-facing rooms. The hotel is on a hill up a dirt road (~200 m from the coastal road). It was good weather when I was there, but I wondered if it would be difficult driving up when icy or muddy. I never had a problem finding parking, but again, I was not there during peak season, so it may get crowded.
The rooms themselves are fairly spacious, with a good-sized bathroom. The decor is very rustic, but feels old (the TV was not a flat screen). The bed was comfortable and it was very quiet. The staff in the hotel were all very helpful and friendly.
They have a large breakfast buffet, but I found the quality mediocre at best. I usually ended up just skipping breakfast altogether.
What was a very pleasant surprise was the hotel restaurant. I had a magnificent steak dinner and paid a pittance. It was probably one of the better meals I've had in hotels.
The hotel has an indoor heated swimming pool with a full spa, but I did not use the services.
Bariloche itself is a beautiful city, and the lake itself is one of the most stunning sights I've ever seen. Definitely go see the view from Cerro Campanario; it is breathtaking. I can only imagine it is even better during winter.
All in all, good hotel with great service in a magnificent location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 70 rooms & 21 cabin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Villa Huinid Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Huinid Resort And Spa
- Villa Huinid Hotel San Carlos De Bariloche
- Hotel Huinid