I started out with a love/hate relationship with this hotel when I first arrived, after completing a grueling 12 hr crossing of la Cordillera de los Andes in very cold and wet weather. The two vans couldn't fit all of our group and our luggage, but another 3 minutes or so in the weather was no longer a bother at that point. After a glass of wine, a hot and tasty meal, and my pajamas warmed up on the radiator to greet me when I returned to the room, the outlook was significantly brighter. The rooms are clean and nice - very contemporary looking with heated bathroom floors and such. The restaurant and check-in station has a large windows with stunning views of the snow capped mountains and water - great to contemplate over wine and a good meal (fancy food but very tasty).
The drawbacks were few, but there, so I feel like I should mention them as well. The buildings are all separated, so it does involve out walking outdoors, and uphill if you are going to your room. No big deal if the weather is decent, but a bit of a challenge when it's not so much. The location is also 2k from the downtown portion of the city. It's not too bad of a walk, but there is no sidewalk and the hotel shuttle only goes down there twice a day....just before the stores close for siesta or for the day. Also, my room ended up with the faint scent of sewage, but not bad enough to drive me away. You can also hear the business of all of the people around you. There is no blocking of sound at all, and I could hear our next door neighbor's tv like it was blaring in our room. Again, not bad enough for me to change my opinion of the place.
- Also Known As:
- Design Suites Bariloche Hotel San Carlos De Bariloche
- Design Suites Bariloche Hotel
- Design Hotel Bariloche
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sky fades in to the lake, an extention of the natural beauty. Textures extracted from the earth, wood, stone anf leather. A warm space that insatifies the senses, awakining the instict that join us with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, Venere and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Design Suites Bariloche reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.