“One of the best days of my life/uno de los mejores días de mi vida” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Rivers Fly Fishing Trips Day Tours

Southern Rivers Fly Fishing Trips Day Tours
Boock 327 casa 1, San Carlos de Bariloche 8400, Argentina
+54 (9294) 4587543 / (294) 15-4587543
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Wading and floating fishing trips. Half & full day.Expeditions of several days.At Southern Rivers , we want to provide you with a different fly fishing experience. Essentially, we want you to fish the locations we fish, and we want to share our knowledge with you.At Southern Rivers, you will find good friends, good moments, excellent food and, of course, an unforgettable fishing experience.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“One of the best days of my life/uno de los mejores días de mi vida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had never been fly fishing before and really wanted to try it. What better place that Bariloche, Argentina? My hotel put me in touch with Marcelo of Southern Rivers. He picked me up at my hotel in the morning, and we were off. We drove for a few hours and finally stopped in an absolutely perfect spot (see the picture). There wasn't a person within a radius of what seemed like 50 miles. They have all the equipment/clothes you need so you don't have to worry about anything. Marcelo gave me a 30 minute lesson and then the fun began. We spent hours out there fishing and enjoying the pristine nature. Honestly one of my favorite days in recent memory. He was with me the whole time, constantly teaching/helping. Marcelo is very passionate about fly fishing, and his energy and enthusiasm really made the experience fantastic. I wholeheartedly recommend Marcelo and Southern Rivers. You will not be disappointed. Thank you guys for an unforgettable experience!

Yo nunca había hecho pescar a mosca y quería intentarlo. Hay un sito mejor para hacerlo que Bariloche, Argentina? Mi hotel me puso en contacto con Marcelo de Southern Rivers. Me recojo en mi hotel por la mañana, y nos fuimos. Condujimos unas horas y paramos en un sitio perfecto (que vea la foto). Parecía que no había nadie en un radio de 50 millas. Te proveen todo el equipo/ropa que necesitas entonces no tienes que preocuparte por nada. Me dio una lesión de 30 minutos y despues, empezamos la diversión. Pasamos unas horas disfrutando de la naturaleza prístina. Honestamente, uno de los mejores días de mi vida. Marcelo estaba conmigo todo el tiempo constantemente enseñando/ayudandome. Él tiene un gran pasión por pescar a mosca, y su energía y entusiasmo hicieron que la experiencia fuera fantástica! Yo, con todo el corazón, recomiendo a Marcelo y Southern Rivers. No te desilusionarán! Gracias a ustedes por una experiencia inolvidable!

Visited January 2013

Reims, France
“Pasada / Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Pase 2 dias con los guias de Southern Rivers y fue genial ! (fuimos al Limay y al Pichi Leufu). Vienen a por ti por la madrugada y te traen a casa despues del dia de pesca. Todo previsto, material, ropa, almuerzo con vinito... no hay que preocuparse de nada, solo pescar ! Los sitios son preciosos, hay muchas truchas y vamos, los guias son muy profesionales, simpaticos y adaptables. Lo recomiendo ! Muy linda experiencia de verdad, inolvidable ! Aprendi mucho a nivel de tecnicas de pesca, pesque muchas truchas y lo pase bomba. Para repetir sin duda ! :)

I spent 2 days with Southern Rivers' guides and it was just awesome ! (went to Limay y Pichi Leufu). They come for you in the morning and they bring you back to your place after the fishing trip. Everything is planned, equipment, gear, clothes, lunch with some wine...you don't have to worry about anything, just fishing ! Spots are amazing, there are a lot of trouts and the guides are very skilled, friendly and adaptables. I recommand it ! Very nice experience, trully, unforgetable ! I learnt so much about fly fishing technics, i took so many trouts and spent really greats times. Have to do it again ! :)

Visited January 2013
San Francisco, California
“Great Guides and even better mate tea!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I used Martin and Lucas back in the fall of 2012 to both hunt some big browns and also to explore the surrounding rivers and lakes. We fished together for a week and they were on time, professional, hard working, funny and great people to be around. I highly recommend them for anyone coming to the area, and if you can, book for multiple days so you can get to see some diferent areas. There are many, and they all deserve some time.

Visited April 2012
Bozeman, Montana
“Fishing with Southern Rivers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Fished with SR several times, latest February, 2013. Traful, Lagos Hess, Fonk, Roca, Limay; Impeccable integrity, patient with beginners, high quality service, extremely hard working for the client, very good English skills, excellent rental equipment, reasonable prices!! Lucas, Marcelo, and Martin are the best you can find!! Pick up and delivery from your lodging, day trips, overnight or multiple night expeditions. These guys are great and are all excellent fishermen, casters and teachers...

Visited February 2013
Cordoba, Argentina
“Guided fly fishing trips / Salidas guiadas de pesca con mosca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

English: I have fished with Southern Rivers on 4 different seasons. First one on 2008, then 2009, 2010 and finally 2012. Hopefully I'll go back this season. The guides are great, really nice an helpful people. Giving their best to make you fish. They have taken me to places I would have never thought I would visit, and also made me fish really nice a big trouts (though I was a really beginner by that time). What else can I say: If you enjoy fishing and having fun in amazing places with excellent people, then give them a call.

Español: Hola, les cuento que pesqué con Souther Rivers en 4 temporadas distintas: 2008, 2009, 2010 y 2012. Despues no volví al sur, aunque ahora estoy planeando en volver y definitivamente me voy a poner en contacto con ellos. Tuve la posibilidad de pescar con distintos guias de la empresa y todos son excelentes, siempre haciendo lo posible para hacerme pescar, enseñarme y que la pase espectacular.
Me han llevado a lugares increibles que de otra manera jamas hubiera ido y por sobre todo lograron hacerme pescar truchas grandes cuando yo era SUPER principiante.
Para cerrar, los recomiendo al 100%, es gente muy macanuda yseria en lo que hacen. Definitivamente elijo y volveria a elegir pescar con ellos en mi proximo viaje a la Patagonia.
Gracias!!! Saludos