“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Golf-Spa

Save Saved
You added Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Golf-Spa to your Saves list
Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Golf-Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Ezequiel Bustillo km 25, San Carlos de Bariloche R8409ALN, Argentina   |
Offers & Announcements
ARS2,313 (ARS)
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend, and absolutely loved it. We had a wonderful, relaxing time and would go back in a heartbeat. We arrived fairly late on Friday evening, after a terrible storm we encountered on the drive from Neuquen, and they kept the restaurant open for us while we ate dinner. We also scheduled two massages at the spa while we were there, and they were very knowledgable at what they were doing. The prices were also very fair. I was three months pregnant at the time, and very uncomfortable no matter what, but this place definitely made me feel at home and I was finally able to relax and get the rest I needed.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LlaoLlaoHotel, Public Relations Manager at Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Golf-Spa, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
ana_short It feels great to read that you were able to "switch off" and that you were properly pampered. You deserve it...!Time to plan another visit!

831 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

You can't go wrong with Llao Llao. This is an old-world style hotel of the highest quality. My wife and I arrived at nearly midnight, which was when the restaurant was supposed to close. But when we told them we had driven for five hours to get there and had nothing to eat, they kept it open late for us, and the food was delicious. The rooms are not huge, but are extremely comfortable. We had a beautiful view of the lake. We also had massages (which were excellent), and enjoyed the huge indoor/outdoor heated pool area, which also had an amazing view of the lake and mountains. The hotel is located about 20 minutes from town -- but the tranquility and views can't be beat. Wouldn't even think about staying anywhere else in Bariloche.

Room Tip: If you have any special requests, submit them with your reservation -- staff was very responsive and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow CaptBacon! Feels great to know that you could enjoy our Llao Llao Hotel. We love to read it. It's a lot of work in the backstage...to have this outcome: your stay with us and all the memories that you have taken with you...Thank you for giving us the chance to host you!
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I'm absolutely delighted with this Hotel. The location is stunning, the service is great, friendly staff with a human and warm approach to guests, rooms are spacious with and exquisite taste in furniture and fabrics.
This hotel was the perfect place to stay in such a beautiful place like Bariloche!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lise H Thank you!!!!!! Your opinion is our prize. We wish your memories of Llao Llao will always be with you throughout yor life. Thank you for choosing us, and for you kind words!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Incredible get away. Classic 1930's hotel completely redone preserving its unique details. Fabulous location. Tranquil. Great Spa, massage and in/out infinity heated swimming pool. A heavenly place to stay with top notch service and fine kitchen.

• Stayed April 2013
Chris M We feel very proud, and at the same time, more commited. When reading that you enjoyed your stay with us, we feel the satisfaction to have met your expectations. And the responsibility to honour your words by sustaining them for all those travellers who read your review and choose us. Thank you!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've been in this hotel several times already, both for busines/meetings and for leisure. This last time was on short vacation with spouse. Location is amazing. Landscape is among best in the world, and the views from the hotel are unforgettable. While rooms have a modest size due to construction dating from early twentieth century, facilities are in very good shape. Service is world class, no exceptions. Breakfast quality, service and ambiance is great (Ariel provided remarkably good service on Apr 20 and 22). Patagonia restaurant is very good (good service from Pablo on Apr 21). Lobby, lobby bar and tea room (with great view to mountain/lake/garden) are also world class. You can go to the outdoors swimming pool and stay there for hours, enjoying the view. In summary, great experience. Only one detail this time: while I specifically made the room reservation requesting a quiet room (which was confirmed by hotel when replying to my request), we were assigned a room (#509)where noise of elevators was clearly heard, night and day.

Room Tip: Rooms in the fifth floor seem to be smaller. Avoid room # 509, where elevators noise can be heard,
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LlaoLlaoHotel, Public Relations Manager at Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Golf-Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Luis L We love frequent guests!! Thank you for your words, your loyalty and your time...for the congrats to our staff and for letting us know that you will not stay in #509 ever again! Hope to see you soon, we want to make it up to you!!
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Little piece of Europe? Once you get there you will understand. The European influences in the area are quite apparent (Austrian, Swiss and German) but that Argentinian flair and laid-back way of life still comes through. The gem of Bariloche (2nd most visited by tourists in Argentina after Buenos aires) is a stunning hotel called The Llao Llao. A must see, even if it's just to experience their buffet breakfasts held in the grand hall. Surrounded by amazing mountain views and fairy tale forests on the edge of Nahuel Huapi lakes. Great in winter (snow sports) and in summer plenty of activities too if you're that mountain climbing, scuba diving, horse back riding type of person. And for the ladies just a few minutes away from the the hotel awaits a chain of chocolate and confectionery shops to delight your every whim.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
MikeBrenner34 Hi! We loved your review. Loved your description...and your advise to the ladies!! Still we think that chocolate has no gender!!!!
Thank you again for your words!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

While visiting Bariloche I wanted to go and see Llao Llao by myself, and also go to their famous tea at the winter garden, so I did
Several days prior to my arrival, I made reservations via email, and they informed the price. Once I arrived, the person who greeted me informed a different (higher) one, so at first I was like: What? but said nothing. When they came to explain the system (buffet, how many drinks you get, etc) I told them about this, and with no issues they said I was to paid what I was told via email, so that was nice
Everything was very pretty and cute (not to mention the exteriors, great), the decor, the ambience, the service, I felt like a king there....but I'm not easy to please, and I pay LOTS of attention to details, so there is one thing I can't let a luxury resort like this pass: As I wanted to take pictures, as how the food was served and presented, I first asked if that was ok, they said, yes, of course, so I started taking pictures. When I got to the big buffet table, where all the pastries, cakes and desserts were, I had to wait for the FLIES to go away....yes, flies on the cakes....I felt so uncomfortable that kept looking at the staff to see if any of them noticed that fact, but they either did not care or did not see them...that just simply CAN NOT happen, neither here or in any other place. What amazed me was that the sandwiches were protected by a cristal bell, but not the cakes and other pastries.
I told one of the waiters what I saw, and just said thanks for letting me know, but I saw nothing done to fix the issue.....WOW
In terms of taste, presentation (except for the undesired guests over the cake stands) and service, I was really pleased....too bad I got to see the flying insects
Hope someone at Llao Llao takes this review into consideration and do something about it
Certainly a place I want to go back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
malter2010 Simply...unacceptable. Let us apologize. Even if it is not enough...
This past summer we suffered the ecological response after the Puyehue Vulcano eruption.
No yellowjackets (insects) Yellowjackets are small insects. Nests typically thrive for a year. A queen begins building a nest in the spring and continues laying eggs through the fall, when most of the yellowjackets perish. Yellowjackets are capable of stinging when provoked or in danger. Yellowjackets mostly feed on spiders and other insects. Flies among the favorites.
We are not used to flies. Yellowjackets take care of them. But there were no yellowjackets this summer.
As there are no excuses.
We didn't act soon enough. We should have anticipated, and not react after the first flies discovered our tea goodies.
No excuses. Just apologies.
We thought we knew. And learned that we have to learn.
Thank you for your time, your pics, your comment..
Hope to see you soon!

Been to Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Golf-Spa? Share your experiences!