“A perfect experience, same as usual.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Golf-Spa

Save Saved
You added Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Golf-Spa to your Saves list
Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Golf-Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Ezequiel Bustillo km 25, San Carlos de Bariloche R8409ALN, Argentina   |
Special Rate
ARS2,313 (ARS)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“A perfect experience, same as usual.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've been in this hotel several times already, both for busines/meetings and for leisure. This last time was on short vacation with spouse. Location is amazing. Landscape is among best in the world, and the views from the hotel are unforgettable. While rooms have a modest size due to construction dating from early twentieth century, facilities are in very good shape. Service is world class, no exceptions. Breakfast quality, service and ambiance is great (Ariel provided remarkably good service on Apr 20 and 22). Patagonia restaurant is very good (good service from Pablo on Apr 21). Lobby, lobby bar and tea room (with great view to mountain/lake/garden) are also world class. You can go to the outdoors swimming pool and stay there for hours, enjoying the view. In summary, great experience. Only one detail this time: while I specifically made the room reservation requesting a quiet room (which was confirmed by hotel when replying to my request), we were assigned a room (#509)where noise of elevators was clearly heard, night and day.

Room Tip: Rooms in the fifth floor seem to be smaller. Avoid room # 509, where elevators noise can be heard,
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LlaoLlaoHotel, Public Relations Manager at Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Golf-Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Luis L We love frequent guests!! Thank you for your words, your loyalty and your time...for the congrats to our staff and for letting us know that you will not stay in #509 ever again! Hope to see you soon, we want to make it up to you!!

765 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Little piece of Europe? Once you get there you will understand. The European influences in the area are quite apparent (Austrian, Swiss and German) but that Argentinian flair and laid-back way of life still comes through. The gem of Bariloche (2nd most visited by tourists in Argentina after Buenos aires) is a stunning hotel called The Llao Llao. A must see, even if it's just to experience their buffet breakfasts held in the grand hall. Surrounded by amazing mountain views and fairy tale forests on the edge of Nahuel Huapi lakes. Great in winter (snow sports) and in summer plenty of activities too if you're that mountain climbing, scuba diving, horse back riding type of person. And for the ladies just a few minutes away from the the hotel awaits a chain of chocolate and confectionery shops to delight your every whim.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
MikeBrenner34 Hi! We loved your review. Loved your description...and your advise to the ladies!! Still we think that chocolate has no gender!!!!
Thank you again for your words!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

While visiting Bariloche I wanted to go and see Llao Llao by myself, and also go to their famous tea at the winter garden, so I did
Several days prior to my arrival, I made reservations via email, and they informed the price. Once I arrived, the person who greeted me informed a different (higher) one, so at first I was like: What? but said nothing. When they came to explain the system (buffet, how many drinks you get, etc) I told them about this, and with no issues they said I was to paid what I was told via email, so that was nice
Everything was very pretty and cute (not to mention the exteriors, great), the decor, the ambience, the service, I felt like a king there....but I'm not easy to please, and I pay LOTS of attention to details, so there is one thing I can't let a luxury resort like this pass: As I wanted to take pictures, as how the food was served and presented, I first asked if that was ok, they said, yes, of course, so I started taking pictures. When I got to the big buffet table, where all the pastries, cakes and desserts were, I had to wait for the FLIES to go away....yes, flies on the cakes....I felt so uncomfortable that kept looking at the staff to see if any of them noticed that fact, but they either did not care or did not see them...that just simply CAN NOT happen, neither here or in any other place. What amazed me was that the sandwiches were protected by a cristal bell, but not the cakes and other pastries.
I told one of the waiters what I saw, and just said thanks for letting me know, but I saw nothing done to fix the issue.....WOW
In terms of taste, presentation (except for the undesired guests over the cake stands) and service, I was really pleased....too bad I got to see the flying insects
Hope someone at Llao Llao takes this review into consideration and do something about it
Certainly a place I want to go back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
malter2010 Simply...unacceptable. Let us apologize. Even if it is not enough...
This past summer we suffered the ecological response after the Puyehue Vulcano eruption.
No yellowjackets (insects) Yellowjackets are small insects. Nests typically thrive for a year. A queen begins building a nest in the spring and continues laying eggs through the fall, when most of the yellowjackets perish. Yellowjackets are capable of stinging when provoked or in danger. Yellowjackets mostly feed on spiders and other insects. Flies among the favorites.
We are not used to flies. Yellowjackets take care of them. But there were no yellowjackets this summer.
As there are no excuses.
We didn't act soon enough. We should have anticipated, and not react after the first flies discovered our tea goodies.
No excuses. Just apologies.
We thought we knew. And learned that we have to learn.
Thank you for your time, your pics, your comment..
Hope to see you soon!
buenos aires
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Llao Llao, this historic property in the midst of a National Park is surely one of the most beautiful spots in the world. The location, the views, the superb unequaled service, the decoration , the utmost professionalism in guest service, the unequaled breakfast, the different activities offered, the spa, everything of the highest personal dedication and pampering for the guest! the views are unparalleled, to stay is to dream awake....one wants it never to end....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gloria! Thank you for your generosity. We feel very proud to grant experiences for a lifetime. And we love pampering! Thank you for choosing us. And thank you for honoring our history!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We loved the Llao Llao! The staff was ever so nice, the rooms were HUGE, and the pool was amazingly beautiful! The national park around it is lovely, and the sunrise in the morning is worth seeing. I would would definitely recommend the Llao Llao hotel in an instant.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main wing are closer to the restaurant and basically everything!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wow JRWalker! It feels great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud and love what we do. And being able to build Llao Llao's identity every day is a gift.
Thank you for taking your time to write about us. And thank you for having chose Llao Llao.
Royal Oak, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Llao Llao as part of our honeymoon and hiking/biking tour that we had taken. We stayed in the newer part of the resort overlooking the lake. The views were stunning from our room. The room was beautifully furnished and so peaceful. So many things to do on the property. I would recommend spending a day in Bariloche. The Swiss influence and European feel to the city is refreshing. The city is a paradise for chocolate lovers living up to being the chocolate capital of Argentina.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the newer section overlooking the lake. It is a little bit away from the main hote...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LeaTravels We feel very proud that Llao Llao was the choice for your once-in-a-lifetime moment.
Honeymoon in paradise. Nature is bliss, and we are the proud deliverers!
Thank you for your words! And a happy life for you both!
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Thanks to the hotel Llao Llao my trip to Bariloche was not a complete disaster! 20 years ago I saw this hotel at a distance and the surrounding area was so beautiful but the hotel was closed.
This time I spent my last three days there while in Bariloche. The previous hotel was horrible and it was marvelous to arrive at the Llao Llao already having done the tours with absolute gorgeous landsccapes.

My room was beautifully decorated, impecable in taste, everything in order as it should be in such a hotel. Llao Llao has several daily activities in their program so I had Pilates, Stretching, Archery and a beautiful walk which in the total took 2 hours (they had a van to take us to the spot where we would walk). The food is absolutely delicious, the landscape incredible! I was delighted to go swimming early evening in warm water watching the sunset, mountains,a lake and the Tronador right in front of me. The day I left while at breakfast the Tronador turned out pink. What a sight!

rosanebroadway We are truly happy with your review! Nothing better than turning a bad experience into a great one! Our nature is a gift, and we try to do our best to honor the landscape.
Thank you for your generosity!
Always welcome!

Been to Llao Llao Hotel and Resort, Golf-Spa? Share your experiences!