“Nice place to spend a day out” 3 of 5 stars

+54 9 294 455-7257
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: At Los Baqueanos our aim is to provide recreation, fun and enjoyment for the tourist who is looking for something a little different, and for something a little more than being just a mere spectator. We provide the opportunity to take part in "adventure tourism" closely tied with nature. We are hugely privileged to now boast over fifteen years experience at our extraordinarily positioned Complex, with the backing of our well developed infrastructure and dedicated team. Nature, adventure, activity, thrill and challenge are the concepts behind our excursions which offer a new way to enjoy nature whatever your age, in the company of family or friends, on land or by water, discovering a truly beautiful place... Relax, Enjoy, Experience Los Baqueanos
Cape Town
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Nice place to spend a day out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Los Baqueanos is a campsite / farm / outdoor adventure place, about a 20-minute drive from Bariloche. I wanted to do some horseriding and bought their half-day excursion for ARS 450, which included transport there and back in a very old, rickety and noisy mini van, lots of waiting around, about 1h40 of horse plodding through the forest, more waiting and then a delicious lunch. I hadn't ridden for a long time so their choice of horse for me was good. Perhaps the outing was short and lacklustre because I was the only customer for the day, but I felt it was very expensive for what one got. The lunch is definitely worth the extra 100 pesos and very tasty, but the 'breakfast', well... a biscuit and two squares of cake isn't what I'd call breakfast. You can also opt to pay only 350 pesos and take your own lunch, and there are many beautiful places along the water's edge to eat. They sell drinks and beers and wine if you haven't included the meal option in your excursion.

The lady who welcomed me in the morning was nice enough, although she spoke no English and I only very little Spanish, which complicated matters. She asked my name but didn't offer hers. The guide who took me on the ride didn't bother to introduce himself either and sort of left me to my own devices after dismounting. It was all a bit unprofessional but perhaps that's their idea of charm. I can imagine the farm alive and buzzing in high season, but for me it almost felt like I was an inconvenience in their otherwise peaceful day. I still enjoyed being in the outdoors on horseback though, and of course this is just my experience. It's a nice day out but I think they need to adjust their prices downward for what they offer. You can also kayak here and as I understood it's also possible to book a multi-day horseback outing with them that goes all the way to the volcano.

Visited March 2013

Buenos Aires, Argentina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“super horseriding-day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had a great day doing a all-day horseriding with them.

When we got there we got some breakfast, followed by two hours of horseriding.
After we returned we got lots of food (BBQ) for lunch, all included - also the drinks.

Then we got another 90 Minutes of horseriding.
At the end they offered some cake and lemonade.

All in all a great day and worth the price.
But unfortunately I did not see lots of the sunning environment, because we only rode into the woods.

Visited January 2013
Odense
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Perfect, excellent, not-to-be-missed!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We couldn't decide whether to go horseback riding or kayaking so decided to book a full-day tour and do both. We were very, very happy that we did. The day started off with a relatively short drive (30 mins) to the lake where an ample breakfast was served. After a short instruction we got into the kayaks (well, actually they were sit-on-tops) and rowed a beautiful trip along the shoreline. Our guide was extremely good company - well informed and eager to share his knowledge. Halfway through the morning we landed on a beach where maté was served. After returning to the lodge we were being offered a traditional asado (mixed grill). There was SOOO much to eat and we weer constantly being offered more. After lunch the horses were waiting. The riding was so much fun, and the horses were well trained. We returned to the lodge by galloping through the water....whoa.... :)

We recommend the full-day trip - thanks for a very lovely day.

Visited January 2012