“Quaint and delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Quaint and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just ate here as one of our first meals in bariloche and it didnt disappoint. Though its a but outside the city it's a gem to find and well worth the drive. Six course menu and bottle of wine for about a third what we'd pay back home. The owners/chefs were amazing and so kind. Truly a delicious meal coming from a foodie from Sam Francisco, California.

98% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Best away-from-home birthday dinner imaginable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband turned 30 during our 7 months of travel, and we happened to be in Bariloche for his birthday. As a treat, I wanted to find the best possible restaurant to have dinner to celebrate. We had the entire restaurant to ourselves since we eat "early" in Argentina (i.e. 8pm), and we opted for the 6 course tasting menu. It was FANTASTIC and included fish, shrimp, soup, beef, and of course delicious dessert (including this ricotta cheese with raspberry sauce that I wish I could eat everyday). The service was EXCELLENT - from our email correspondence for reservations to adding a candle to my husband's dessert plate. The location is a bit remote from the town, but cabs are cheap, and since it's a home, it adds to the ambiance. To top it all off, the same meal in the US would've cost us at least 4 times as much. They also have an excellent and reasonably priced wine list. Please visit this restaurant - you won't regret it.

Visited August 2012
San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina
“The best food in Bariloche, sin duda!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Hosted by its owners, the service could not be better and the food is always special and unique. I had many dinners here and have to say that is an experience well payed for the drive to Dina Huapi. Do not miss is if you are in Bariloche.

Muchas gracias chicos!

• Visited March 2012
Perth
“Great atmosphere, people and amazing flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was amazed with the incredible flavors!!
The place is very special, small but cozy.
The music, the quietness, I would really like to go back again.
Thank you Franco and Lucila for your special treat!

• Visited May 2011
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Michelin star quality food at local Parilla prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My fiance and I visited Almazen de Sabores last night having checked trip advisor for recommendations.

I can unequivocally state this is the best food I have tasted in South America, perhaps even the best meal I have ever had, and undoubtedly the best value. My fiance and I opted for the 6 course tasting menu (priced at incredibly reasonable 120 pesos per person), a bottle of malbec (again incredible value at 70 pesos) and water and coffee, with the total bill coming in at around 340 pesos.

Admittedly finding the restaurant is not for the feint hearted, given its location in a small residential quarter in the town of Dina Huapi, but those willing to take on the adventure of locating the restaurant are rewarded with a seemingly never ending (in a good way) feast of culinary excellence. Every dish put before us was incredibly well presented, inventive in its flavour and perfectly balanced. Needless to say not a scrap of food was left on either of our plates.

The chef catered for our personal tastes, preparing a bespoke tasting menu for myself and my fiance (after we mentioned that I was not a huge fan of seafood, but my fiance was keen to have seafood).

Good English is spoken and the service was excellent, warm, attentive and fun. The proprietors have a real love for what they do and it shines through in this dining experience.

I really can´t recommend this place highly enough.

One tip for those trying to find the restaurant, google maps displays the name of the road as "chilco", whereas we were informed by our hotel that the real name is "las chilcas". The restaurant is on the intersection of Chilco/Las Chilcas and Los Radales. If taking a taxi from bariloche the driver will head north on the coast road and should turn left onto Los Abedules, then right onto Los Radales. The restaurant is 3 short blocks away and has a large sign outside displaying the name of the restaurant. I would recommend booking ahead as it would seem the restaurant only seats around 20-25 people in total.

• Visited April 2012