“Idyllic bike tour through the foothills of Bariloche” 5 of 5 stars

+54 294-4524828
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: At Cordillera Bike we put all our effort into making sure you enjoy the bike ride of your life.We've got the bicycle for you according to your MTB experience; maps; and everything you might need for your trip.Our main aim is to share with you our two passions: Patagonia, and bicycles.We look forward to your visit! And if you've already met us, your opinion is welcome if it'll help us improve!
London, United Kingdom
“Idyllic bike tour through the foothills of Bariloche”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was one the highlights of a recent three week trip to Argentina and Brasil. Cordillera bikes was recommended to us by our Hostel and we were very happy to be able to book a guided mountain bike tour with Daniel.

Before the excursion, Daniel phoned us to ask what our fitness and skill levels were and then suggested a handful of routes for us to take. He was very accommodating to our needs and wants and did not force any decisions on us.

Daniel has an obvious passion for cycling and this enthusiasm translated into an afternoon that went on for as long as we liked and took in some beautiful scenery. He knows the local area intimately and lead us along an on and off road adventure that was tailored to our skill level. We were able to stop at any point for photos (or to catch our breath) and Daniel always had something to tell us about the local flora and the many imperious mountain tops towering around us.

Without Daniel guiding us, we would have cycled around the 'tried and trusted' routes on road. Although Daniel would have been happy to take us on any one of these established road routes, the benefit of having him with us was that we ventured through myriad off road routes, weaving through trees and shrubs and getting a real buzz from trying something new.

Stopping at one of the local rivers we were treated to some home made muesli/granola bars and a bag of home made trail mix which were both delicious. We were also given bottled water at the start to take with us which was a nice touch.

We finished after approximately four hours of cycling, although we could have kept going if we had wanted to. We certainly could have done less if we had wanted to as well. Daniel's perfect English and friendly nature made it a wonderful afternoon discovering the less well known parts of Bariloche.

A suggestion we had would be to offer a hotel collection as the bike rental is approx. 19km from the centre of town where most hotels are. We were very happy to take the bus to Cordillera (which was very easy to do) and went to the top of Cerro Campanario before cycling (as it started at 14:00). Cordillera Bikes is only a 10 minute walk from the foot of Cerro Campanario.

I would strongly recommend a guided tour if you are looking for something a bit different with a very hospitable guide.

El Bolson, Argentina
“Extremely friendly, utterly passionate, and most professional.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I went to Cordillera bikes because it was recommended to me by my hostel. I went there to get information on cycling the Ruta de los Siete Lagos.

I had been at another bike rental place just 200 meters up the road from Cordillera Bike the day before, and they seemed unable or unwilling to provide any information about doing the Siete Lagos - besides, I did the Circuito Chico with that other place, and the bike they gave me had seen much better days.
On account of not receiving any support on doing the Siete Lagos, I was playing with the idea of abandoning the whole enterprise (I am not an experienced cyclist).

All my worries dissipated once I entered the door into the cozy reception area of Cordillera bikes.
Daniel, the owner of the place, is extremely friendly and incredibly passionate about bikes. It turns out that Daniel not only give adise in Spanish, but has also a firm grasp of the English and - most surprisingly - the German language.
Daniel spent a considerable amount of time providing incredibly helpful information and support on doing the Ruta.
He even hooked me up with a hosteria on the Ruta for an overnight stay. That place would otherwise be hard to reach due to bad phone reception. Moreover, Daniel offered to bring the bike to my hostel in the morning as well as to pick it up on the evening of my return. A very generous service given that my hostel was in the center of Bariloche, 19 km from Cordillera bikes.

The bike itself was in a very good condition. It was equipped with a speed/distance meter, which was very helpful since it enabled me to always know my position on the Ruta. The bike furthermore came with a sizable twin bag, attached to the rack, great for carrying personal belongings. Most importantly though, an immergency-pouch was attached to the front; it contained all spare parts and tools required to repair chain, tires, or breaks in a worst-case-scenario.

I was furthermore provided with a map that contained extensive information about miradors (viewpoints) and campgrounds along the Ruta. In fact, Daniel sat down with me for 40 minutes to personally explain the map to me!

Taking all this into account, I have to give a hearty and sincere THANK YOU to Cordillera Bike for making my stay in Bariloche and my three day trip along the Ruta de los Siete Lagos an unforgettably convenient, enjoyable, and rewarding experience.

To all those who are considering renting a bike at this place, I will say this:
if you want a professional, safe, passionate, generous, friendly, and - most importantly - a highly individualised experience, do not hesitate. This place is for you. You will not regret it, I promise!

Visited March 2014
CordilleraBike, Propietario at Cordillera Bike Rental & Tours, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you, thank you very much for spend your time sharing your experience. And I agree with you: I am a passionate cyclist! Gracias! Daniel de Vries
3 attraction reviews
“Great Bikes, Great ride, and really friendly owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I rented our bikes at Cordillera based on a recommendation from our hotel. It appeared that our bikes were in better condition than many I saw from the other bike rental place. The owner speaks great English, and is incredibly nice, helpful, and has a real passion for biking.

He did a great job explaining the route to us, where we could stop, etc. Although we lost our map somewhere along the route we had no problem making it.

Visited March 2014
Thank´s. I appreciate your opinion. Gracias!
Cambridge, Canada
“Awesome bike rental and amazing sevice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We rented bikes and Daniel was so incredibly helpful in assisting us to plan it was amazing. He spent a ton of time with us and provided detailed maps and lots of tips from his personal experience. There is a half day Chico Circuit ride that starts from his shop or you can get information from him for other options if you want to do more than one day. He clearly has a passion for cycling and seems to enjoy helping people have the best time possible on their ride. The bikes he provided were very good and well maintained.

The bike shop is based in a nice little hostel about 18km from the town center so if you want to do day bike trips it's possible to stay right there.

Visited January 2014
Katonah, New York
“Circuito Chico bike rental with Cordillera”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The highlight of our stay in the Lake District- make sure you rent bikes from Daniel at Cordillera and ride the Circuito Chico. Beautiful scenery on a good ride with lots of ups and downs (hills, that is!). Bikes are in great condition and Daniel is very patient in recommending stops, sights and hikes along the way along with suggestions as to where to get the best empanadas and the stop at the Gilbert microbrewery near the end of the ride (when they see you come in with bike helmets they will give you the 10% Cordillera discount). Make sure you dress for all conditions as we started out in sunshine and finished in a downpour.

Visited December 2013