“Good option if you have time to kill” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Museums
Attraction Details
Córdoba, Cordoba, Argentina
25 attraction reviews
“Good option if you have time to kill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

It's interesting to know the history of chocolate. Suitable for adults and kids over 10-12 who'd enjoy the narration, which can get a bit heavy at times. It's good that they give you chocolate and you can see the workers making the chocolate thru a glass.

Visited July 2012

4 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hot chocolate served as a welcome drink is very good and if you don't know the story of chocolate making its worth a visit.

Visited July 2012
Israel
38 attraction reviews
“Don't waste your time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

It is far from city center, you need to walk about 30 min to get there, and the people there are really wierd. I was the only one at the museum when they told me there is only tour in Spanish. I told I can understand if they talk slowly, but they responded by saying that they need to finish the tour in 40 min. and that other people could be affected. I took the tour, thinking they will be flexible, since there was no one else except for me. I still don't undertsnad why the guide talked so fast like a speed motor and didn't consider my request as foreigner. In any how, the museum is pretty boring, they don't show any machines working or so, just the history of the Cacao...
Don't waste your time here.

Visited October 2011
10 attraction reviews
“Not Willy Wonka”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011 via mobile

The museum is not that big and you only get a glimpse of the factory. My 8 year old was bored. The chocolate is good however. It was ok for our rainy day.

Bay Area, California
9 attraction reviews
“A Sweet Tour that Feeds the Mind Too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

Fenoglio’s Museo de Chocolate is a great outing, especially on a bad-weather day when you’re looking for an indoor activity in Bariloche. We took our children, ages 11 and 8, and joined a tour with an English-speaking guide. The tour, about a half hour long, is more interesting for adults than children, since it goes into a lot of detail about chocolate production and its history; nonetheless, my kids got a lot out of the tour educationally, and my husband and I found it quite interesting. Not surprisingly, the most entertaining part is seeing the factory workers make chocolate and getting to sample some (they serve hot melted chocolate upon arrival, there is a gift shop waiting to sell all kinds of irresistible chocolates). For more on Bariloche and our visit to the museo de chocolate, check out my daughter’s blog post http://www.collyworld.com/2009/11/chocolate-in-bariloche/ or our post on Patagonia http://away-together.com/2009/10/24/welcome-to-patagonia/.